I had an idea. What if I, a mac user who can't sync successfully with either pocket mac or missing sync, what if i downloaded windows for mac and then run the desktop software that came with my storm that is only compatible with windows, while booted on the mac in the windows program using boot camp. Does anyone out there know if this can be done before i go out and buy a windows OS for my mac?
    01-06-09 10:01 PM
    Could be crazy but I thought I read something here somewhere that said you can partition a Mac's hard drive and sync successfully. I have been drinking however :-(
    01-06-09 10:10 PM
    Don't know about Windows for Mac, but I have successfully used DM (backups and re-installs of OS) and JL_Cmder (OS wipe) running Windows XP Pro in VMWare Fusion on my iMac.
    01-06-09 10:14 PM
    DUDE...
    Install XP on your mac using VM Fusion and you have no problems...
    And Go look in the mac fourm part of this board...
    01-06-09 11:24 PM
    I had an idea. What if I, a mac user who can't sync successfully with either pocket mac or missing sync, what if i downloaded windows for mac and then run the desktop software that came with my storm that is only compatible with windows, while booted on the mac in the windows program using boot camp. Does anyone out there know if this can be done before i go out and buy a windows OS for my mac?
    It'll work.
    Right Idea...
    Go ask in the Mac section and I'll help you there..
    01-06-09 11:26 PM
    DO NOT DO THIS. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what caused the connection to break halfway through which in turn caused the bricking of my phone. Turns out DM doesnt like using a virtual desktop (i.e. Windows XP on a mac). I did this using parallels. AGAIN DO NOT DO THIS!
    01-06-09 11:34 PM
    DO NOT DO THIS. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what caused the connection to break halfway through which in turn caused the bricking of my phone. Turns out DM doesnt like using a virtual desktop (i.e. Windows XP on a mac). I did this using parallels. AGAIN DO NOT DO THIS!
    Umm In bootcamp it's totally different...
    It's not running in OSX.
    so YES YOU CAN DO THIS.

And was your fault for using parallels....VM Fuzion FTW !!!

Use it ALL THE TIME.
    01-06-09 11:37 PM
    boot camp was way too unsupportive and laggy for me. No mouse right click/camera/button support FTL. Glad it works out for you though
    01-06-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD