GPS seems to only work for blackberry map apps w/ google i think it only uses cellphone towers.

I would like to see blackberry maps update directions are you travel. I gave this a quick test and it trackes movement great! speed and everything!, but the directions do not update unless you click for next step. I would also love to get audio turn by turn, but I would see how that would steer more of us to not buy VZ navi
    11-22-08 03:49 PM
    GPS seems to only work for blackberry map apps w/ google i think it only uses cellphone towers.

I would like to see blackberry maps update directions are you travel. I gave this a quick test and it trackes movement great! speed and everything!, but the directions do not update unless you click for next step. I would also love to get audio turn by turn, but I would see how that would steer more of us to not buy VZ navi
    BB maps is the standard Maps icon right?

I've noticed the same thing, but doesn't track me to well. how about garmin mobile, or another app that willl allow a follow me type picture?
    11-22-08 03:57 PM
    I doubt it since VZW wants you to use their VZnavigator for your gps needs. Hence why they have gps all ******** for thier blackberry's. I mean I like VZNavigator but 9.99 a month a little steep for a recurring charge. They should make it standard in the bb package or charge the same price as they do for visual vm. Specially since I have used Visual Voicemail more so than VZNavigator.
    11-22-08 04:00 PM
    BB maps is the standard Maps icon right?

I've noticed the same thing, but doesn't track me to well. how about garmin mobile, or another app that willl allow a follow me type picture?
    well with google maps it seems to not be able to use the gps.... Looks like only blackberry maps is able to use gps. If blackberry maps were at least update the directions as you travel. I would be happy
    11-22-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD