Will Verizon replace my phone if the memory leaks? It only takes about a couple of hours to go from 30mb to less than 5. I've gone through threads of people with the same problem and deleted apps that could cause the problem along with core apps I don't use yet I still have a problem. Also I'm not running any themes nor do I have one (deleted it cuz of memory loss). And I close out of all apps being used. Need help.
    12-24-09 10:34 AM
    Their first response may be to reload the OS you are on. if you have already done that, then depending on your situation they may replace it. Call tech support and let them know. They are well aware of the documented Storm 1 issues. Good luck and Merry Christmas
    12-24-09 10:47 AM
    do you know the tech help number?
    12-24-09 11:51 AM
    I don't think they well change out your phone. Memory leaks are due to software and not hardware. What they will be more likely to do is flash your phone and reload the firmware without the software (apps and themes and such) and give you your phone back.

Memory leaks are due to a bad app or a combination of bad apps together. It doesn't matter if the app is open or not. The leak is due to the app not working right. Each app is supposed to reallocate the memory it uses during use and after it is closed. When it doesn't do this, the app in question and the other apps look for more memory causing less free memory. This is where your leak is coming from.

So, I would say, they will not swap out your phone due to a memory leak. Of course I could be wrong and you could get lucky.
    12-24-09 11:58 AM
    if you reload the OS and dont install any extra apps and then have the memory leak you will actually have a leg to stand on. otherwise they will probably just try to talk you through the problem and fix it. the number is *611 from your phone i believe. if thats wrong just go to Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and click on the support tab and go down to contact us.
    12-24-09 03:03 PM
    phones are replaced for hardware issues, not software. so no- memory leak is not a valid reason for replacement. and if you say something else just to get another phone, enjoy the leak you'll most likely have even on the different phone.

if you STILL feel the need to call, DO NOT ... I repeat - DO NOT ... call from your cell phone. Rule #1 for troubleshooting- 99% of the time, the device cannot be in use. You wouldn't have a mechanic try to fix your engine while it's running, would you?
    12-24-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD