Hey guys,

Im going to Germany this fall. I was wondering if my Storm will work fine under Vodafone service in Munich? Will I have to pay more and how can I get it work in Germany?
    01-28-09 03:39 PM
    yes it will work. Yes of course you will pay more. For things like this its best you just contact you carrier, because you wouldnt want incorrect information which is sometimes given on forums.

You can use it with your verizon sim and have your data working and pay roaming fees for phone calls.
    If you dont care about data, or receiving calls on your verizon number, you can unlock the storm.. buy a prepaid german sim card for voice only and cheaper calls.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 01-28-09 at 03:54 PM.
    01-28-09 03:52 PM
    yes it will work. Yes of course you will pay more. For things like this its best you just contact you carrier, because you wouldnt want incorrect information which is sometimes given on forums.

You can use it with your verizon sim and have your data working and pay roaming fees for phone calls.
    If you dont care about data, or receiving calls on your verizon number, you can unlock the storm.. buy a prepaid german sim card for voice only and cheaper calls.

If you want to get a german vodaphone chip with a german number, make sure you tell them so they can unlock the phone for you, takes 5 minutes. I recently went to Italy and got an Italian SIM chip. Worked great. Incoming calls are free

Just a few tips since i didn't want internet i disabled 3g/gsm and only did 2g, saved my battery otherwise the phone will look for 3g over 2g and drain battery in about 4 hours. This is the time where i wish the phone had WiFi... hope someone around you has a iPod Touch
    01-28-09 05:03 PM
    Well, im hearing impaired. I dont use phone calls. How abt txt and pix txt?
    01-28-09 06:15 PM
    you will still pay international roaming rates! Best to unlock the Storm and buy a local SIM card for use over there
    01-28-09 06:19 PM
    sorry to re-up an old thread but I recently moved to Germany with my unlocked vzw storm and have gone on a tmobile plan with data and for some reason I couldn't browse so I tell tmobile and they told me the u.s. Blackberry has some type of chip that will not allow tmobile data plan to work on it. I feel like they don't know what they are talking about and am highly upset not all my features work on my storm (only calls & txts) is what they're telling me true???
    02-18-09 04:42 AM
    sorry to re-up an old thread but I recently moved to Germany with my unlocked vzw storm and have gone on a tmobile plan with data and for some reason I couldn't browse so I tell tmobile and they told me the u.s. Blackberry has some type of chip that will not allow tmobile data plan to work on it. I feel like they don't know what they are talking about and am highly upset not all my features work on my storm (only calls & txts) is what they're telling me true???
    Did you try asking vodafone? Since the device is a vodafone/verizon device, maybe they can be of more help.
    02-18-09 06:18 AM
    you will still pay international roaming rates! Best to unlock the Storm and buy a local SIM card for use over there
    Didn't notice this post before, and it bears a bit of correcting.

On Verizon, you can sign up for an international unlimited data plan. It's $20 more per month and provides unlimited web access and email in most of western Europe. This does not include texting or tethering, unfortunately.

There's a $4.99/mo option that provides $.99/min roaming for voice calls. Still exorbitant, but a lot cheaper than the $1.89/min rate that's charged without the option.

I was in Munich for a week last month, and had no problems at all (well, other than a temporarily defective SIM card, but a little flexing took care of that).
    02-18-09 06:28 AM
    Did you try asking vodafone? Since the device is a vodafone/verizon device, maybe they can be of more help.
    I should've gone with Vodafone but my husband did the landline and Internet all with T Mobile and everyone we know here recommended we went with them... Well I ended up just getting an iphone through them and I hate it I wish I could just stick with my storm
    02-18-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD