I just saw the G1 can scan bar codes and you can then quickly compare availability and prices of the item you are scanning. Will the Storm have anything similar??
    11-12-08 12:09 PM
    Hope this will help; if u get or can get it for the Storm yahoo to go.
    I believe the do have a program that u can type the barcode numbers
    in and it will give u the price.
    11-12-08 12:24 PM
    Actual scanning would be cooler. But i don't see how that would work, cuz wouldn't it need a scanner?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 01:37 PM
    No necessarily. I have had several applications on my PC that recognize and read a bar code when placed in front of a webcam.
    11-12-08 01:38 PM
    Actual scanning would be cooler. But i don't see how that would work, cuz wouldn't it need a scanner?

It doesn't have a scanner like one you might see a stock boy have at a store. You just take a picture of the bar code

11-12-08 04:15 PM

Read about this online...the app takes a pic of the bar code, then searches online for prices and reviews. Pretty cool. This type of thing has also been around in Japan for quite a few years.
    11-12-08 04:19 PM
    Its an awesome App on the G1.

I don't think theres any reason why you can not have it for the storm, you just need someone to write the program. From things that I've read on the web the SDK for the storm is supposed to be better for programmers, but I honestly don't know.

Any volunteers ?
    Last edited by Ash_786; 11-12-08 at 05:23 PM.
    11-12-08 05:21 PM
    I personally think that some of the coolest tips and tricks may come out and evolve on the G-1, mainly because of the open source operating system.

But then again, as long as I can get emails and have google maps, I'm satisfied.
    11-12-08 05:22 PM
    I personally think that some of the coolest tips and tricks may come out and evolve on the G-1, mainly because of the open source operating system.

But then again, as long as I can get emails and have google maps, I'm satisfied.
    I've been through a lot of APPS for the G1 and let me tell you, they are awesome.

If only it had better business / common sense support i'd definitely have one.
    11-12-08 05:25 PM
    I've been through a lot of APPS for the G1 and let me tell you, they are awesome.

Yea, for that alone I'm tempted to get one, just to see whats going on with the phone. I played with one, but the person that owned it had just gotten it and didn't know much of what they were doing more or less. But the possibilities just seem pretty incredible.
    11-12-08 05:33 PM

11-12-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD