Will The Screen Get Scratched If I Pocket It Without A Screen Protector?
    11-26-08 10:56 AM
    Ahhhh yes....
    11-26-08 10:57 AM
    It comes with a screen protector installed on it already. I replaced that wih the Ghost Armor one that is a little thicker.
    11-26-08 10:59 AM
    is it made of glass or plastic? the iphone/touch screens don't really scratch. i always carry around my itouch in my pocket/bag w/ no scratches.
    11-26-08 11:04 AM
    is it made of glass or plastic? the iphone/touch screens don't really scratch. i always carry around my itouch in my pocket/bag w/ no scratches.
    The screen itself is plastic. The iphone is glass. I guess they figured much lighter and it won't shatter like 2 of my friend's iphones have.
    11-26-08 11:28 AM
    It comes with a screen protector installed on it already. I replaced that wih the Ghost Armor one that is a little thicker.
    That was not a screen protector. It's just the stock piece of plastic that normally comes with every electronic with an LCD screen.
    11-26-08 11:35 AM
    Question On The Table Though, Will It Scratch If Pocketed Without A Screen Protector??
    11-26-08 12:11 PM
    As long as there is nothing else in your pocket I don't see it scratching. It being plastic though I do recommend getting some sort of screen protector.
    11-26-08 12:17 PM
    right i hear you and i plan on gettin a protector, but in the mean time the material of my pocket is not enough to scratch the screen right?
    11-26-08 12:21 PM
    Question On The Table Though, Will It Scratch If Pocketed Without A Screen Protector??
    I would say yes. My ipod gets pocketed daily and is noticeably scratchy/dulled. That's about the toughest screen I can think of.

I'm putting my storm in my old 8830 leather OEM case.It's nice and roomy. I'm feeling good about leaving it unskinned and just using the belt clip.
    11-26-08 12:22 PM
    The screen itself is plastic. The iphone is glass. I guess they figured much lighter and it won't shatter like 2 of my friend's iphones have.
    Plastic will crack much easier than glass.
    11-26-08 12:23 PM
    I believe spaciorek already answered your question above.
    11-26-08 12:26 PM
    Why are we asking about scratches if you can afford the storm then you can afford the screen protector......
    11-26-08 12:28 PM
    right i hear you and i plan on gettin a protector, but in the mean time the material of my pocket is not enough to scratch the screen right?
    It has been proven that the littlest thing can scratch your screen if hit at the right angle. Why risk it. Go to verizon and buy those 9.99. screen protectors and save yourself some stress.
    11-26-08 12:28 PM
    I just put on a verizon screen protector and now the screen isnt as sensitive to my finger. I have to push harder to get it to react to my finger. its annoying...
    11-26-08 12:31 PM
    I got an idea matt put your storm in your pants and let us know if it gets scratched.....
    11-26-08 12:33 PM
    Not to sound ignorant but when I bought the storm I asked a RIM rep is the screen was plastic or glass like the iphone and he assured me it was glass... Said something about how the way it always feels cool to the touch is a sure fire indicator of a glass screen.

I also owned an lg dare prior to this and I could tell that screen was plastic... It felt really cheap and flimsy. I don't get the same feel from the storm

Has anyone removed the screen to confirm it is plastic?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:36 PM
    Why are we asking about scratches if you can afford the storm then you can afford the screen protector......
    Of course it's not a question of money. It's personal preference. None of my friends who have an iPhone also use a scratch protector, and they have no complaints. So for me, if it is not necessary, I'd rather do without.
    11-26-08 01:15 PM
    I also would rather not have the screen protector as well but I wont do that unless it is positive that it is glass. Seems to kinda be up in the air???
    11-26-08 01:19 PM
    I thought I read a post where someone dropped their Storm down a flight of steps and said they are certain that it was glass. Pictures were never posted but apparently it shattered or at least broke in a glass-like manner.
    11-26-08 01:44 PM
    I don't put screen protector on any of my cell phones. As long as u keep them in your holsters I don't see how it would get scratched.

11-26-08 01:51 PM
    iPhone advertises that the screen is "scratch resistant" glass. I have never seen blackberry advertise the screen being scratch resistant or being glass, which leads me to believe it isn't.
    11-26-08 02:06 PM
    Plastic will crack much easier than glass.
    Have you seen an iphone with a shattered screen? I have seen two. Drop the iphone and it will break. I doubt my Storm will break in the same way if I drop it.
    12-01-08 10:38 AM
    Screen is glass guys, research it. I asked the verizon rep at my store if it was glass or plastic, he said glass.

12-01-08 10:48 AM
    i am thinking about getting ghost armor but i dont want to ruin the screen if i mess up when putting it on.... I am going to be using a belt clip for the storm.
    12-01-08 10:52 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD