Hey all, I have had the Storm for a little while now and I am looking at buying my first navigation system for my car.

I am just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their Storm not connecting via bluetooth to any Garmin GPS?
    03-25-09 08:16 PM
    Just connect like normal...it will work fine
    03-25-09 08:20 PM
    I have the Nuvi 760. It works fine before that I had the curve which at first would disconnect, since then Garmin updated the bluetooth software, make sure you use webupdate that comes with the Nuvi to update it to the current firmware.
    03-25-09 08:21 PM
    I have the Nuvi 760. It works fine before that I had the curve which at first would disconnect, since then Garmin updated the bluetooth software, make sure you use webupdate that comes with the Nuvi to update it to the current firmware.

Awesome thanks! I am ordering one tonight then!
    03-25-09 10:05 PM
    My Storm connects to my Garmin Zumo....
    03-25-09 10:08 PM
    Just curious. Why do people want to connect a Storm to a car GPS?
    03-26-09 07:37 AM
    Just curious. Why do people want to connect a Storm to a car GPS?
    Because it has bluetooth. Bluetooth headsets work much, much better, but to each his own. I have a noisy car so the bluetooth on my Garmin 360 wasn't very effective. Besides now I have the Garmin app for my Storm so I have the best of both worlds and the Garmin program for the Storm is much cheaper than buying a separate GPS unit and is one less thing to carry with me.
    03-26-09 08:24 AM
    Because it has bluetooth. Bluetooth headsets work much, much better, but to each his own. I have a noisy car so the bluetooth on my Garmin 360 wasn't very effective. Besides now I have the Garmin app for my Storm so I have the best of both worlds and the Garmin program for the Storm is much cheaper than buying a separate GPS unit and is one less thing to carry with me.
    i am still confused as to why you would have to hook your storm up to a gps unit in the car?

would it send the turn-by-turn from the gps to the storm to your headset?

*scratches head*
    03-26-09 09:54 AM
    i am still confused as to why you would have to hook your storm up to a gps unit in the car?

would it send the turn-by-turn from the gps to the storm to your headset?

*scratches head*

No no.. You make and receive calls through your Nuvi GPS. If you get a call, your GPS (Nuvi) will show who's calling and you just use the GPS to answer it without pulling your Blackberry out. Also you can make a call because it uses the contacts in your BB..
    03-26-09 10:06 AM
    and it uses the GPS internal speaker? How is the sound quality?
    03-26-09 02:56 PM
    and it uses the GPS internal speaker? How is the sound quality?
    It is really good and much better to use than the bb itself. It downloads your phone book and shows caller ID right up on your dash. It's like you had a bluetooth handsfree kit installed in your car. Just doesn't mute your car radio
    03-26-09 03:43 PM
    No no.. You make and receive calls through your Nuvi GPS. If you get a call, your GPS (Nuvi) will show who's calling and you just use the GPS to answer it without pulling your Blackberry out. Also you can make a call because it uses the contacts in your BB..
    ohhh ok

makes sense
    03-28-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD