It is a after my 30 days but I have the insurance plan. Will my replacement be new or refurbished? Is there any way it could be new?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 12:48 PM
    I got a new replacement about a month ago after dropping mine in milk
    02-25-09 01:20 PM
    I just got a new replacement Storm after losing mine at my birthday party at a bar/restaurant over the weekend. As far as I can tell it's totally new.
    02-25-09 01:23 PM
    I think the rule of thumb is if it's in a brown box, it's a refurb. If it's in the regular white box, it's new.
    02-25-09 01:35 PM
    mine came in a black box. so what does that mean?
    02-25-09 04:12 PM
    was it just the phone or did it come with other stuff. If it said asurion on it it was probably a refurb.

In general:
    after 30 days is refurbished.
    only time you'll get a new one is if that is all they have left.
    non physical damaged phones come from VZW
    physical damage come from Asurion
    Asurion replacements are generally not that great, but do carry warranty as well.
    02-25-09 04:16 PM
    hope its new but it warrentied anyway so who cares
    02-25-09 04:19 PM
    i got a replacement after fighting and cracking the screen and i got a brand new one!!
    02-25-09 04:55 PM
    probably a refurb but one can hope
    02-25-09 04:55 PM
    If its through warranty its more than likely they are coming straight from RIM which in most cases they are doing newer phones.
    02-25-09 05:30 PM
    I think the rule of thumb is if it's in a brown box, it's a refurb. If it's in the regular white box, it's new.
    To confirm, you can always take the phone to a VZW store and they can check if it was a refurb or not by entering the MEID # on the phone. If there are no comments associated with the phone, it's new!
    02-25-09 05:36 PM
    Just a question, I am within my 30 days but I just noticed a speck of dust under the screen. Just one, but enough for me to notice it all the freak time now.

Would they give me a new one just for one piece of dust ?
    02-25-09 07:05 PM
    Well assuming that I got a new one due to a dead pixel i dont see why not!
    02-25-09 08:15 PM
    Within 30 day's you can get a new one, few questions asked.

Out of 30 day's you can ask for a new one. Be really nice to the rep.
    02-25-09 08:18 PM
    After 30 days it is remanufactured. If you are persistent they may replace it new. Keep in mind that the new one you have now is not working what if the replacemnt is the same way. Each new replacement the company hands out just increases the cost off service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:59 PM
    I got a new replacement about a month ago after dropping mine in milk
    hahaha i remember that
    02-25-09 09:34 PM
    Had to have Assurion replace my release date phone (dropped it, tried to take it apart to switch out bezel etc etc). This happened on the 17th of Feb. Got the phone on the 19th and it actually had a manufacturing date of the 17th, so brand spanking new! Good luck with yours!
    02-25-09 10:11 PM
    first time poster.....

I just got my first replacement due to the video having flipped out (it was literally like I was watchin The Matrix on my phone) with lines and severe video distortion.

I was surprised when I opened the shipping box and it was in just a small brown box that unfolded and it was just a Storm in a plastic bag tucked into a plastic sleeve...nothing else). I asked at the store and the guy told me that they didn't have many returned so it would probably be new and even the girl on the phone didn't say anything when I asked if I was getting a new phone. She just told me what to do when I got it and that was it.....not that I believe what those guys say anyway....
    02-26-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD