Hey guys!

I've got a few questions. First of all, I apologize if this has been posted in other threads but I searched and couldn't find much info.

Can someone answer this for me?

My question is: Will Best Buy offer the same $199 price as VZW?

Also, in another thread I read that Best Buy offers "instant" rebates rather than Verizon's "mail in" rebates. Is this true?

And also, is there any proof that Best Buy will sell the Storms before Verizon? I read that elsewhere too, and wasn't sure.

I've already pre-ordered my Storm at Best Buy, and the mobile guy was CLUELESS about the process and in general. Just trying to get my facts straight before I head back there when they are released.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
    11-13-08 07:18 PM
    Get your money back and go to a Corp store if the guy was clueless how do you think he will be when he tries to setup or activate or answer questions......just tryin to help. Best Buy will NOT have the phone first.
    11-13-08 07:37 PM
    Best Buy will have the phone the same day as Verizon stores (21st) The advantage of buying the phone from Best Buy is that you dont have to wait for any Rebates. best Buy does all instant rebates $199 straight up!!
    11-13-08 07:41 PM
    Get your money back and go to a Corp store if the guy was clueless how do you think he will be when he tries to setup or activate or answer questions......just tryin to help. Best Buy will NOT have the phone first.
    He's obviously not the only one working in Mobile department.
    He's just the one that took our preorders and had never done one before supposedly.

Anyway, I'm still going to buy it at Best Buy, but thanks for your help! now can anyone else answer my other questions?

Mainly I just want to know about the pricing/rebates.
    Don't really care if they get it before release, 11-21-08

EDIT: THANK YOU, Kubix! Just trying to make sure!
    11-13-08 07:41 PM
    I called 888-BestBuy and spoke with a rep in the Best Buy Mobile department. She said that BB will sale the phone for 199.99 (249.99 - 50.00 instant rebate). She was unsure if it will be bundled with the Bluetooth headset.

She said it is their intention to have it for the 21st, not the 23rd but that the Mobile Department was waiting for confirmation from HQ.

It wouldn't make a whole of $$ sense for them to wait 2 days so they can put it in the new ad. I'm not sure how many they will have in addition to their pre-orders but I'd be pretty certain they'll have them for Friday.
    11-13-08 08:21 PM
    Sorry, for all you spell-checkers.... BB will "sell" the phone for 199.99
    11-13-08 08:23 PM
    yea i already reserved mine from best buy and im thinking if i should get my money back or not? but instant rebate sounds money!
    11-13-08 08:29 PM
    I called 888-BestBuy and spoke with a rep in the Best Buy Mobile department. She said that BB will sale the phone for 199.99 (249.99 - 50.00 instant rebate). She was unsure if it will be bundled with the Bluetooth headset.

She said it is their intention to have it for the 21st, not the 23rd but that the Mobile Department was waiting for confirmation from HQ.

It wouldn't make a whole of $$ sense for them to wait 2 days so they can put it in the new ad. I'm not sure how many they will have in addition to their pre-orders but I'd be pretty certain they'll have them for Friday.
    Thanks for the great reply. This answered all of my questions. I really appreciate it!

EDIT: Does anyone know how much Best Buy charges for activation for a new 2 year contract?
    11-13-08 09:14 PM
    Most of the time you can get the activation fee waived. I dont think i've ever paid one. But it is a blackberry storm and they know it will sell no matter what, so they might not budge on it. But if you haggle enough you can get it waived.
    11-13-08 09:19 PM
    Great. What is the most successful way to go about asking for them to waive the activation fee? I've never done it before and don't want to sound like I'm begging, lol.

I'm buying the phone either way, but they don't have to know that! lol. I'm sure they do though. (Although, the people in this Best Buy, no one knew what the Storm even was. They thought I was talking about the Bold! They were like "no, this is the new Blackberry" showing me the Bold. I'm like.."No, the Storm. It hasn't been released yet." So funny.)
    11-13-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD