This might sound like a really stupid question, but... there's no wifi in Storm??

And another question, I've read a lot of reviews that said Storm has faster internet compared to the Bold, don't they both run on 3G?

Thanks
    04-23-09 07:35 PM
    No, there isn't.
    04-23-09 07:39 PM
    This might sound like a really stupid question, but... there's no wifi in Storm??

And another question, I've read a lot of reviews that said Storm has faster internet compared to the Bold, don't they both run on 3G?

Thanks
    No on your first question
    and debatable on the second, depending on what OS you're using.
    04-23-09 07:40 PM

Thanks
    Yes no wifi on the 9500 or 9530, but 9250 does have wifi. Yes both bold and storm use 3g.
    04-23-09 07:40 PM
    No wifi..
    and 3g is slightly faster then Evdo Rev A but not enough that you would notice and Verizon's coverage is vastly better then At&T
    04-23-09 07:42 PM
    Thanks for the input guys.

My friend got the storm so while we were waiting for it to be shipped I thought I'd see the specs, and I couldn't find wifi I was like there's something wrong! I had no idea!

I love my BB (baby bold) so that's why I am asking!

Thank you!
    04-23-09 09:13 PM
    I would love my storm even more if it had wifi
    04-23-09 09:50 PM
    No wifi I personally don't see a reason for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 10:29 PM
    They both run on 3g and the 9500 and 9530 don't have wifi because the two networks don't offer it but the 9320 does. I wish the storm had wifi
    04-23-09 10:55 PM
    Does the 9520 even exist to the public yet? And will it ever?

04-23-09 11:16 PM
    No wifi..
    and 3g is slightly faster then Evdo Rev A but not enough that you would notice and Verizon's coverage is vastly better then At&T
    Hmm. I thought EVDO Rev A is equivelent to 3G? Hence where it says 3G CDMA on the back of the Storm?
    04-23-09 11:18 PM
    I've seen videos that have Storm's browser going faster but yes they both run on 3G. No WiFi either but honestly I don't see much point of it with the 3G connection.
    04-23-09 11:19 PM
    wifi would be useful for people who have the phone unlocked duhhhhh!
    04-23-09 11:19 PM
    jeez not this again
    04-23-09 11:27 PM
    they're speculating that there will be a launch of the storm as is now, but with wi-fi, like the samsung i-760 did a ways back, it'll prolly be like the 9530-w or something...but it's all speculation until we get a spec sheet, or better yet...a hard device, in our hands! i wouldn't hold off on buying a storm if you're on the fence though. when it's ready to launch you'll see more documentation about it to show that its close.
    04-24-09 01:43 AM
    If the Storm had Wifi, it could connect to a vast number of WiFi printers and you could easily print from the Storm. As it stands right now, you are SOL if you want to perform basic business functions like printing from the Storm.
    04-24-09 09:05 AM
    WiFi would be nice so that you don't have to pay for every kb of data no matter where you are.

Free hot spots would be love, regardless if it impacts the speed compared to 3G or not.
    04-24-09 10:08 AM
    I read an article a few weeks back, I wish I still had the link or could find it. The article was about Black Berry releasing a the "Storm 2." I am not sure if that is what it is going to be called, but it is supposedly scheduled for release sometime in September, however I don't know if any of that information was true, I haven't seen another article that gives any of that information.

The cool thing is that, if the article was even semi-accurate the new version of the storm is supposed to have wifi, a faster processor, and some other goodies. I doubt i will be upgrading to that phone right away, I like my storm as it is for now. the lacvk of Wifi is a drag, but you will get used to it... Besides, if you have an unlimited data plan you don't NEED wifi, it would still be nice but it doesn't sound like it is ever going to be incorporated into the storm that is available now.
    04-24-09 10:17 AM
    There should be a sticky about wifi and the storm

04-24-09 10:17 AM
    Wifi would allow me to suf while at my friends house who's basement gets a crappy signal. but mostly no need with a unlimited data plan

04-24-09 10:19 AM
    Uhh, you could tap into a WiFi network with printer(s) and print, Hello...? No, need? This is a tremendous need.

SP
    04-24-09 10:27 AM
    If the Storm had Wifi, it could connect to a vast number of WiFi printers and you could easily print from the Storm. As it stands right now, you are SOL if you want to perform basic business functions like printing from the Storm.
    Businesses that don't have bluetooth?

Sure its not as nice as being able to hop on a network...but ah well

04-24-09 10:28 AM
    Omg A Storm Wifi Thread.

New And Exciting Stuff Right Here!!!!!!
    It is comments like these that keep the thread going!

04-24-09 12:40 PM
    I'm not sure of the date but there is a Storm cumin out wit wifi tward the end of the year.
    04-24-09 05:18 PM
    Hmm. I thought EVDO Rev A is equivelent to 3G? Hence where it says 3G CDMA on the back of the Storm?
    The term "3G" is used by GSM providers to refer to their specific version of (the generic term) 3G, which is UMTS/HSDPA, as opposed the CDMA version of 3G, which is 1XEV-DO. Thus, when the display on a Storm says you are using "3G", that means that you are using the GSM version of 3G, but when it say "1XEV", then it is using the CDMA version of 3G.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 04-25-09 at 03:29 AM.
    04-25-09 03:26 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD