Ok so I just got my storm but i cannot find the wifi? you think something this common would be easy to find. I was told to come on here and ask about it because I have no clue where it is. Gosh its making me so mad. My verizon rep told me there should be a new software update out this week. Dont really know what that means but maybe it will make my wifi easier to find.
    03-23-09 04:14 PM
    The Storm doesn't support WI-fi
    03-23-09 04:16 PM
    Are you being serious? The Storm 9530 doesn't have wifi...
    03-23-09 04:16 PM
    The Storm doesn't support WI-fi
    sure it does
    03-23-09 04:17 PM
    ..No it does not have Wifi. No CDMA BlackBerry has ever had Wifi
    03-23-09 04:18 PM
    this has to be a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wifi and a upcoming new os all in one thread... woohooo!
    LOL!! Good stuff. Good, good stuff.

I was disappointed when I got my Storm home to find that it had no physical keyboard. I searched everywhere for it--front and back. I promptly took it back.
    03-23-09 04:20 PM
    well i could have swore it had it! im sure this new upgrade will have it.
    03-23-09 04:21 PM
    na thats one thing I do know. the Storm doesn't have wi-fi
    03-23-09 04:22 PM
    Ummm. No. It wont have wifi.
    03-23-09 04:22 PM
    oh well it appears my internet works anyway! cool i dont even need it!
    03-23-09 04:23 PM
    well i could have swore it had it! im sure this new upgrade will have it.
    It's a hardware limitation, not software. Therefore, the 9530 will never have WiFi.
    03-23-09 04:23 PM
    LOL!! Good stuff. Good, good stuff.

I was disappointed when I got my Storm home to find that it had no physical keyboard. I searched everywhere for it--front and back. I promptly took it back.
    I think the physical keyboard will happen with the next update
    03-23-09 04:24 PM
    Why spend all day loitering in coffee shops when you have Verizon's 3G network behind you?
    03-23-09 04:25 PM
    it only works when you have the "3G" icon on the upper right corner.
    03-23-09 04:25 PM

uh, dont even know what to say here. I hope your kidding but Im going to assume you are serious with this post.

1st, Your new to this forum so a word of advice. Before you ask a question try the search forum function. Works pretty well and you will avoid the inevitable flaming that you are about to receive.

2nd, I am also astonished at the fact that this phone has been out for 5 months now and you are not aware of the fact that it does not have wifi. You can find this elusive information in such places as your users manual or perhaps any on of the million reviews posted on any one of infinite cell phone review websites. I think there may have even been some discussion on this forum about the fact that wifi is not present on this phone.
    Did you know that there is no physical keyboard on this phone either? or are you still looking for that?
    And while we're stating the obvious Im not sure if you are aware but CBGB is closed too!

BTW welcome to crackberry, enjoy......hope I wasn't to harsh!
    03-23-09 04:26 PM
    It's a hardware limitation, not software. Therefore, the 9530 will never have WiFi.

it might. did you build the storm? didnt think so.
    03-23-09 04:26 PM
    you have Verizon's 3G network behind you?
    It's behind me? What exactly is it doing back there?
    03-23-09 04:29 PM
    Ok so I just got my storm but i cannot find the wifi? you think something this common would be easy to find. I was told to come on here and ask about it because I have no clue where it is. Gosh its making me so mad. My verizon rep told me there should be a new software update out this week. Dont really know what that means but maybe it will make my wifi easier to find.
    The storm is not wifi capable bud. And never will be.

Do your research before you buy the phone.
    03-23-09 04:29 PM
    I think he's trolling. Trying to cut down our storms because they have no wifi.
    03-23-09 04:30 PM
    I think he's trolling. Trying to cut down our storms because they have no wifi.
    nope. not hating on my new phone or anyone else's. i think i read the wrong description. oh well. i love the clicking screen.
    03-23-09 04:34 PM
    it might. did you build the storm? didnt think so.
    Ummm... It doesn't have a wifi card inside dude, hence it's not wifi capable. It's very widely known that the 9530 (Storm) doesn't have wifi and never will. The whole point is for VZW to tout how great their EVDO network is.

No he didn't build the phone, he simply knows how to use the internet to find out information for himself...
    03-23-09 04:35 PM
    Why spend all day loitering in coffee shops when you have Verizon's 3G network behind you?
    Why? Because 3G is slower than 13.3 kbps dial up. C'mon try accessing CB from a Storm. It takes at least 2-4 min to load the home page from anywhere! Sorry for spouting, but I am very disappointed with this 3G stuff. I am running .109 and my Storm will not even show some of the page while my father's iPhone has it completely loaded. We have cleared the cache, rebooted and done everything we can think of to make it a fair test. Maybe I am configured wrong?
    03-23-09 04:35 PM
    iPhones are for losers.
    03-23-09 04:37 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD