My wife has OWA and now it keeps asking to validate her email by entering her password. Well she does and it accepts it and 5 min later she gets the notice again. I tried resending her service books. Any ideas why this might be happening?
    03-19-09 03:07 PM
    Had that happen to me once and it ended up being a problem with the mail provider I was using, they were having issues, it went away after their servers were all back up and running.
    03-19-09 03:14 PM
    I run on OWA as well. I will get this periodically, usually when the server goes down for an extended period of time, or at the wrong time. It seems that BIS takes this situation as a flag that something is wrong, prompting you to validate.
    03-19-09 03:20 PM
    Ok, so it might be on their end huh? Well I will tell her, thanks for the quick replys!
    03-19-09 03:33 PM
    You might need to log into your BIS account and validate your account. That is what I had to do when I kept getting the same message. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 04:10 PM
    You might need to log into your BIS account and validate your account. That is what I had to do when I kept getting the same message. Good luck.

I tried that. It has a red circle next to the email address and I click it and it says the email is now validated. Well I check back about 5 min later and the red circle is there again. I tried doing that a couple of times with the same results. I just hope its on my wife's work end that is having problems with OWA.
    03-19-09 04:23 PM
    I had this happen once, a password change took care of it.

03-19-09 04:25 PM
    this happens to me every time my work email server goes down, she should be ok once its back up
    03-19-09 05:19 PM
    I have this problem constantly.

There are two reasons why this happens to me. One my Online Web Access and Exchange server that is tied to is constantly going down. If it ends up going down for a couple hours, then when your phone tries to get email it just sort of gives up and assumes the password is incorrect.

There was also another time where I got this problem for a few days. To solve it I logged into the Online Web Access via a computer instead of the BB and noticed it wanted me to change my password. So if your server requires you to change your password say every 45 days then you will have to change the password on the web server and then on your phone.

So if its just your server then sadly theres not much you can do but keep validating the email once the server is back up. If it is the second problem then log into your OWA via a computer change the pass and both the phone and BB and you should be good for another 45 days or however often your required to update.

Hope this helps.
    03-19-09 05:45 PM
    Well its day 2 and still the same problems. I'm starting to think its her password needs to be updated. She tried to change it on our home computer but there is no password change option in her OWA options. I'm thinking she has to do it from her work computer. Well I guess she has to wait till Monday as she is on vacation.
    03-20-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD