Hey guys,

I tried searching but I could not find someone with a similar issue. My GF and I both have storms that had pretty much ZERO issues, until she dropped her storm about waist high straight on its back on cement. It would not turn on and the battery would just get extremely hot! Take it back to Verizon and 3 different batteries later it fires up and works perfect again! However, slight drops such as tossing it onto the bed will cause it to do the samething and numerous battery pulls are required to get it to fire up. Sometimes it can take 30 mins to get it to work!

Is anyone else having simliar issues with restarting?
    12-02-08 02:25 AM
    lol, no ..... i think this might have something to do with... idk... something is hinting towards ....... DROPING IT FROM MID BODY ON THE CEMENT. LOL
    12-02-08 02:32 AM
    Why would you get a new battery? why not get another storm? I mean seriously there is no need in getting a battey that wasnt the problem lol!! she dropped the phone if I was her I'd take the PHONE back and request another.
    12-02-08 02:32 AM
    Another one bites the dust

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:34 AM
    I'm on the same page as them ^^^ it is definitely the phone

12-02-08 02:37 AM
    Well, after it was droped the battery wont fit in the phone and stay steady, so the littles amout of contacvt would prob restart the device

12-02-08 02:54 AM
    I guess its possible that the contacts for the battery may have been knocked around during the drop. Was there any visible damage inside the battery housing? Perhaps that is the reason why it has power problems and heating issues.

It stinks if you need to get a replacement right now because of the shortage in supply. Hopefully thats not the case!
    12-02-08 02:56 AM
    Just use one of her insurance claims and be more careful with that beast I dont even have mine yet
    12-02-08 03:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses! Yeah the verizon store was cool and just gave us the new battery for our troubles. They were going to try and order a replacement but since the wait was like 2-3 weeks and the phone started right back up and worked fine we decided to give it a shot. Also, there is no visable damges on the phone ANYWHERE (no scratches dings etc.)

No there is no noticable damage in the battery section. Now thats it happening again, we may just have to get a replacement.

Has anyone who dropped theirs had issues after ONE drop?

P.S. she is not very tall maybe aroun 5'-5'2" so her waist high may differ from yours
    Last edited by AWDmonster; 12-02-08 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Height of drop
    12-02-08 03:08 AM
    i dropped mine on a bar after a few beers the other night, but it was only about a 10 inch drop. the sad part is, i think it made the accelerometer work a bit better!

i would def. get the replacement regardless if the battery swap fixes it temporarily. You never know what could happen a few weeks down the road. Might as well swap it out while you can!
    12-02-08 03:42 AM
    yes there is a issue with the phone... you she dropped it... definitely get a replacement
    12-02-08 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD