So it was about 8 a.m. this morning. I had just finished my Art History 492 final and was feelin good knowing I only had one final left. I started talking to a lady friend of mine on my Storm, finished the call, and put the phone in my left jacket pocket. I got into my Jeep and noticed the back window was open. I got out to close it, got back in my car and backed out. I went for my phone in my pocket and it wasn't there. Sure enough I look up and sitting in the snow...in the middle of a tire track is my storm, in all it's glory much wider, and much thinner now.

When I first got the phone I had lucked out big time. Nothing was wrong with the phone, nothing at all. I did the upgrade had all my apps the way I wanted and even got a sweet background. Not gonna lie...cried a bit on the inside.

I went back to the Verizon store and they said to contact the Asurion guys and talk to them about how to go about getting a new phone. Three hours later after filling out the paper work online, filling out the paper work after printing, copying my driver's license and faxing everything to them. I was told that they should be able to get a phone out to me by tommorow, not holding my breath on that one.

I had gone to the Verizon store...no storms in stock, Verizon stand in Circuit City...no storms in stock, Verizon stand in the mall...no storms in stock. Car-Toys in Fort Collins has almost 100 of them and Best Buy is Pushing 200 phones in stock, all I got to say is WTF!!!!

When everything is said and done, Im back to my samsung alias until I get my new BB, I just hope this isn't a refurb which I am worried about. Has anyone else gone through a legit damage claim and gotten a new phone?
    Last edited by BBartist; 12-17-08 at 06:45 PM.
    12-17-08 06:39 PM
    What the F did anything in your story have to do with a "Hard Reset"?

Anyway, to answer your question. I've used the insurance for claims before and yes they will send you a fully functional device. Just make the claim and go through the regular process. All should be well soon.
    12-17-08 06:43 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss! I grab my phone in my jacket pocket when getting into and out of my car, for this reason alone. I have become OCD when it comes to the safety of my phones. I have never had to do the Asurian deal, so I cannot not say if it will be new or not. The phone has not been out for even a month and I wonder if there are any available for refurb yet. Good luck and may you get a new "new" phone.
    12-17-08 06:44 PM
    i really doubt they have any refurbs yet.it will probably be new.
    12-17-08 06:47 PM
    When I called verizon they said they wont have refurbs for a while to send out maybe a month or two.
    12-17-08 06:48 PM
    My friend had to get a replacement of a different phone and got a reverb. I do agree tho that they will prob send new for lack of referbs yet. But if the referb is in good shape at least the infant mortallity won't be a factor. I am really sorry about the accident. Hope you get a good one. If not, contact them again for another one.
    12-17-08 07:04 PM
    a picture of the crushed storm would've been awesome, LOL.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    12-17-08 08:35 PM
    Are you originally from MA? Wicked hard. =)
    12-17-08 08:39 PM
    What the F did anything in your story have to do with a "Hard Reset"?

Anyway, to answer your question. I've used the insurance for claims before and yes they will send you a fully functional device. Just make the claim and go through the regular process. All should be well soon.
    a hard reset has been typically known to "lose everything"
    12-17-08 08:46 PM

Sorry my camera sucks. It would have been flatter if there was no snow on the ground, but the edge is blown out, the screen doesn't click, all four buttons on the bottom dont work and there is a sweet ring from the backplate punched into my battery. It did turn on for a minute but then i think it put itself out of its misery.
    Last edited by BBartist; 12-17-08 at 09:27 PM.
    12-17-08 09:22 PM
    How the **** is the screen still in one piece?
    12-17-08 09:30 PM
    So it was about 8 a.m. this morning. I had just finished my Art History 492 final and was feelin good knowing I only had one final left. I started talking to a lady friend of mine on my Storm, finished the call, and put the phone in my left jacket pocket. I got into my Jeep and noticed the back window was open. I got out to close it, got back in my car and backed out. I went for my phone in my pocket and it wasn't there. Sure enough I look up and sitting in the snow...in the middle of a tire track is my storm, in all it's glory much wider, and much thinner now.

When I first got the phone I had lucked out big time. Nothing was wrong with the phone, nothing at all. I did the upgrade had all my apps the way I wanted and even got a sweet background. Not gonna lie...cried a bit on the inside.

I went back to the Verizon store and they said to contact the Asurion guys and talk to them about how to go about getting a new phone. Three hours later after filling out the paper work online, filling out the paper work after printing, copying my driver's license and faxing everything to them. I was told that they should be able to get a phone out to me by tommorow, not holding my breath on that one.

I had gone to the Verizon store...no storms in stock, Verizon stand in Circuit City...no storms in stock, Verizon stand in the mall...no storms in stock. Car-Toys in Fort Collins has almost 100 of them and Best Buy is Pushing 200 phones in stock, all I got to say is WTF!!!!

When everything is said and done, Im back to my samsung alias until I get my new BB, I just hope this isn't a refurb which I am worried about. Has anyone else gone through a legit damage claim and gotten a new phone?
    Wow, I think anyone who read your chicken scratch just got a bit dumber.
    12-17-08 09:39 PM
    I know right!
    12-17-08 09:41 PM
    Oh good so you read it!!!
    12-17-08 09:46 PM
    looks like it's not that easy to break the screen as well, lol.
    12-17-08 09:50 PM
    Oh good so you read it!!!
    Lol, great reply.

You just reminded me why I pay the extra money for the insurance, although I feel it is probably a rip off. I can see myself doing something like what you did.
    12-17-08 09:52 PM
    Okay let me get this straight

You ran over the phone with your car and it did that damage? Or you just dropped it out of your pocket and it did that damage?
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    Okay let me get this straight

You ran over the phone with your car and it did that damage? Or you just dropped it out of your pocket and it did that damage?
    ran over, i tried to take photos of the back but they didn't come out very well, the back is pressed in pretty good but the camera is intact and the lock mute buttons click fine. Turns out the phone is a bit tougher than I thought...I looked down and expected to pick it up in pieces but it was still together, I still cant get over the screen being fine (other than not clicking)
    12-17-08 10:36 PM
    And to think you actually pride yourself on comments like this? Very helpful indeed. Go ahead and flame for my useless comment too. I just didn't want you to feel as stupid as you apparently decided you needed to make the OP feel.
    12-17-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD