Of my BB Destktop Manager grayed out!?!?!

Has anyone ever seen this happen? I went onto my PC to send a movie to my BB and I couldn't even access that module or whatever....HELP!
    04-30-09 12:28 PM
    What version of media manager you have installed?

With or with out?
    04-30-09 12:31 PM
    If you're running Windows Vista, it's grayed out because Vista is a b*tch and sometimes screws up the installation of the Media Manager, which is a separate program made by Roxio that has its own separate install that is supposed to be launched by the Desktop Manager installation. I'd uninstall Desktop Manager, download the latest install file for DM from RIM, then make sure to run it as an administrator.
    04-30-09 12:31 PM
    If you're running Windows Vista, it's grayed out because Vista is a b*tch and sometimes screws up the installation of the Media Manager, which is a separate program made by Roxio that has its own separate install that is supposed to be launched by the Desktop Manager installation. I'd uninstall Desktop Manager, download the latest install file for DM from RIM, then make sure to run it as an administrator.

I am running Vista and why does that not surprise me!!!!!!

Yester - Media Manager? You mean what's my default program for media? Is so it's just Windows Media.....I think
    04-30-09 12:34 PM
    I got my DM from the disc that came with my phone.

Maybe I'll unstall and get it from RIM/blackberry.com. But which version....there's like 500! LOL
    04-30-09 12:35 PM
    The above post kf6tac explains what I mean by 'Media Manager"
    04-30-09 12:36 PM
    I meant unINstall...
    04-30-09 12:36 PM
    I got my DM from the disc that came with my phone.

Maybe I'll unstall and get it from RIM/blackberry.com. But which version....there's like 500! LOL
    The CD should work the same if you run the installation as an administrator, which means you have to ignore the auto-run boxes that pop up when you first put it in (since by default they won't run as admin), browse to the location of the install file on the CD, and right click and choose Run as Administrator.

I just suggested re-downloading an install file from RIM because a) it might be a more up-to-date version and b) you can put it right on your desktop so you know exactly where it is, whereas on the CD you actually have to browse through the disc.
    04-30-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD