i have been recording some video lately and when i to play it, there is a message saying unsupported data or something like that. also why does the video camera sometimes lock up causing me to have to pull the battery? rather annoying... any help would me much appreciated!
    01-18-09 12:20 PM
    I have no problems, running .75
    01-18-09 01:05 PM
    I have no problems, running .75
    yes, i am as well...
    01-18-09 01:11 PM
    I am also having the same issues...I'm running .75 and go my storm the day it was released.
    01-18-09 01:28 PM
    I actually realized yesterday that I am having the same problem. I recorded some videos and the screen freezes. Then when I tried to play the video that i recorded I get that error message.
    01-18-09 03:01 PM
    It's a known problem with the Storm. See here for RIM's official notice: View Document
    01-18-09 03:09 PM
    I didn't see anything using the link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 04:28 PM

01-18-09 04:28 PM
    I had the exact same problem running .75, upgrading to .83 solved this for me.
    01-18-09 04:33 PM
    I had the problem with several videos. Investigating I loaded them onto my computer to try and play them that way and guess what.......File size = 0 on all of them. Must be having a problem saving to the memory card. I haven't tried yet, but I am interested to see if changing the destination of recorded videos to main memory and then transferring them back to the card has a positive outcome.

I'm just too afraid of a lockup!
    01-18-09 04:39 PM
    I'm running .86 and having the problem.

01-18-09 04:43 PM
    I came across this morning

Very annoying knowing the funny videos I recorded last night have gone
    01-18-09 04:52 PM
    Playing a video on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone results in the error message media being played is an unsupported format

Overview
    After recording a video on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone, playing the video results in the following error message: The media being played is an unsupported format.

Cause
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround
    Once the video recording is complete, close the Video Camera application and play the file from the media player as follows:
    1. When finished recording, press the Pause button.
    2. Press the menu button.
    3. Press the menu button.
    4. From the list, select the necessary video file.
    01-18-09 05:30 PM
    Yeah. I ran into this problem the other day. "format unsupported". A way around this (that is if you don't mind a lower resolution) is to change the video quality to "MMS MODE". I tested this earlier today. I will try the aforementioned tip, though, to see if that works.

01-18-09 05:43 PM
    Video Camera > BB Button > options > Video Format (switch from Normal to MMS)
    Don't forget to save the changes.

01-18-09 05:52 PM
    I know I'm late but I just had this problem with my pearl and all I did was go into Options then Media Card and changed Encryption mode to None..video playback works fine after that
    04-25-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD