It is the FLUX CAPACITOR acting up...

Dr. Emmett Brown- Perfect! My experiment worked! They're all exactly 25 minutes slow.
    10-30-08 12:35 PM
    I'm willing to bet there's no video acceleration for the interface portion of the OS. That would certainly play a big role on display performance. It's like running your PC with a bs video driver. All the pretty eye candy will either not work or work very slowly. This however, just an educated guess.
    10-30-08 12:49 PM
    Is the lag everywhere or just on the internet?
    10-30-08 12:56 PM
    Thats the power of love!
    10-30-08 03:57 PM
    The lag I witnessed seemed intermitten between the 4-5 units circling last nite at the party. Meaning each one froze in different applications. The one unit that worked best (most fluid, least glitchy) actually belonged to a RIM carrier sales manger. It was his personal phone that he let me play with. I got no lag on that phone (incedentally this was the phone I had the most face time with).
    10-30-08 04:07 PM
    that leads me to believe that like civic or someone said...the devices floating around have been ragged out and need a little TLC (aka...reboot/clean-up).
    10-30-08 04:13 PM
    The lag I witnessed seemed intermitten between the 4-5 units circling last nite at the party. Meaning each one froze in different applications. The one unit that worked best (most fluid, least glitchy) actually belonged to a RIM carrier sales manger. It was his personal phone that he let me play with. I got no lag on that phone (incedentally this was the phone I had the most face time with).
    perhaps he had a newer-than .53 software version on the phone
    10-30-08 04:20 PM
    I think the Storms that everyone is touching out in public and at these conventions are the first batches. The Storm that's in the pics at the launch party that BGR is holding has screen gap issues (I didn't want to say anything before because everyone gets anoyed with that... lol). With that being said, we already know the new production ready units don't have this issue anymore. The educated reason then is that the units are just first release, buggy, and they've probably been taken apart or abused more often then not.

The key aspect of last night's party is that the "VZW rep's personal" Storm was pretty smooth. Stick with that for now in terms of usable walking away impressions on what the Storm may be once released.
    10-30-08 04:49 PM
    The key aspect of last night's party is that the "VZW rep's personal" Storm was pretty smooth. Stick with that for now in terms of usable walking away impressions on what the Storm may be once released.
    The good phone I used belonged to the RIM carrier sales manager (he also mentioned he was a tester for RIM). He wasnt walking around showing his phone to people, I just ambushed him as soon as he took it out. I even managed to pry his card from him. You can best your azz I sent him a email about becoming a tester.
    10-30-08 05:28 PM
    I didn't see his phone. I was out there most of the time too. When was this? Before or after the Foo concert?
    10-30-08 05:40 PM
    I think the Storms that everyone is touching out in public and at these conventions are the first batches. The Storm that's in the pics at the launch party that BGR is holding has screen gap issues (I didn't want to say anything before because everyone gets anoyed with that... lol). With that being said, we already know the new production ready units don't have this issue anymore. The educated reason then is that the units are just first release, buggy, and they've probably been taken apart or abused more often then not.

I agree with you. When RIM shows off these phones, I doubt they manufacture brand new units every time. Basically, its simple recycling of the same set of phones being used over and over again.
    10-30-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD