Okay why is it that when someone suggest a decent feature on the iPhone everyone flips out and tells them ohh this isn't an iPhone etc. Believe it or not the iPhone has a ton of great features. I would love to see RIM incorporate some of the features into the storm. I'm not talking about stupid apps and stuff like that. I'm talking about flick scrolling, editing text etc.

Why is it though that our phone has to be 100% unique and custom even when the customness isn't as good as being a copycat?
    12-26-08 08:46 PM
    It's because people are closed-minded and have read enough other anti-apple propaganda that they think it's cool to jump on the bandwagon. In other words they're being sheeple. They're anticipating that because this is a Blackberry forum, everyone's going to back them up and slam everything branded with an Apple. Forget them Dmg...there's enough intelligent people on here that recognize a good idea when they see one. Ignore the kids hiding behind their PC's trying to sound cool lol
    12-26-08 08:57 PM
    BB users are pretty anti WM and iPhone. That's jsut the way it is. Cubs/Cardinals, Raiders/Chiefs, BB/iPhone. Especially for Storm users. This phone was unofficially advertised as the iPhone killer. People are pretty touchy about it.
    12-26-08 08:58 PM
    I feel your pain. I do not understand this as well.
    12-26-08 09:00 PM
    It's because people are closed-minded and have read enough other anti-apple propaganda that they think it's cool to jump on the bandwagon. In other words they're being sheeple. They're anticipating that because this is a Blackberry forum, everyone's going to back them up and slam everything branded with an Apple. Forget them Dmg...there's enough intelligent people on here that recognize a good idea when they see one. Ignore the kids hiding behind their PC's trying to sound cool lol
    Good post, clears a lot of things up. I don't get why there is so much hate for the iPhone though. I mean I never personally fell in love with it or anything like that, but I have no reason thrash it. I'm sure both phones can improve in more then 1 way. Actually if RIM and Apple got together and came out with a phone, that would be the end of all other smarthones lol.

BB users are pretty anti WM and iPhone. That's jsut the way it is. Cubs/Cardinals, Raiders/Chiefs, BB/iPhone. Especially for Storm users. This phone was unofficially advertised as the iPhone killer. People are pretty touchy about it.
    Yeah, I get the hate and all that. How can you shoot down a great idea though. If say the omnia had flick scrolling would people shoot it down or would they be like "Hey we should adopt that in the storm"
    12-26-08 09:02 PM
    The iphone is a great device. People are always shooting it down on here because of copy & paste and push email. Those are probably the same people who fought over whether Sirius or XM is better.

God forbid one company takes a lesson from another on how to make a gadget.
    12-26-08 09:07 PM
    obviously if the iphone was available on vzw, i'd estimate 75% of the people here would jump on that instead

and i stand by that estimate...
    12-26-08 09:10 PM
    The iphone is a great device. People are always shooting it down on here because of copy & paste and push email. Those are probably the same people who fought over whether Sirius or XM is better.

God forbid one company takes a lesson from another on how to make a gadget.
    Ahh the good old Sirius XM debate lol. Now that brings me back.

obviously if the iphone was available on vzw, i'd estimate 75% of the people here would jump on that instead

I think most of us would have been in line waiting for it the first day. I don't know though quite a few blackberry folk are scared to try anything but blackberries. I would say a good portion of us though would have already had an iPhone.
    12-26-08 09:15 PM
    I have the touch, and I like the wifi, and the app's, but the storm has so many more adjustable s and features, IMHO

I'm not a hater, but a user of both!
    12-26-08 09:24 PM

guilty

but since it isn't, love my storm
    12-26-08 09:30 PM
    I have the touch, and I like the wifi, and the app's, but the storm has so many more adjustable s and features, IMHO

I'm not a hater, but a user of both!
    Best of both worlds! I myself would do that too but my ipod video is still in perfect working condition. My whole campus is wifi'ed so that touch would be great to have when I don't feel like carrying my laptop to class.
    12-26-08 09:30 PM
    I concur. Both units have pro's and con's. Iphone on VZ would DEFINATELY have less people in these forums. But since I like my 20% corp. discount VZ and the storm it is.
    I too would like flick scrolling. And as I said before an emmulator app would be killer.
    12-26-08 09:41 PM
    From experience I can tell you, that the iPhone functions very well, for what it does. Yes, the Strom has great features that the iPhone, for some unknown reason, does not.(No MMS? WTF..No battery removal?) But the iPhone does what it does, very well, very smoothly and it is innovative. I love my BB but I would be in a serious debate with myself should the iPhone be available on VZW.
    12-27-08 06:03 AM
    Yeah the iphone has some neat bells and whistles and a somewhat smoother operating experience/UI, but I found that not being able to send MMS, take video, cut and paste, can't add memory, can't swap battery and many more items including call quality (when you could get a signal) enough of a reason for me to return mine after the two week return window.A while back someone said it best.

First and foremost these devices are phones. Phones rely on networks for connectivity. If I can't make a call or check the web because I have no service, what's the point of all the features?

AT&T has larger holes in their network than does VZW. So for me it is a no brainer.

I signed up with a phone company first and foremost. I will live with the equipment they offer because of the services the company provides. End of story.
    12-27-08 08:10 AM
    its because people are insecure in their storm-hood. they have read the terrible reviews, know first hand the device has major issues and know deep inside the reviews were right. almost all the reviews were fair in my book. all the issues they talked about were legit. the device needs major work.

i am secure in my storm-hood to admit it. i love the device, woulnt switch at this point, but know it needs massive amounts of work still.
    12-27-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD