That would be the most awesome addition to the phone! Change the TV with the phone. Better yet, they should start making tv's with bluetooth ports that control the signal rather than infrared.
    12-22-08 10:25 PM
    There's a product for this already. Was demo'd last year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 10:30 PM
    Is this called the Salling Clicker? (after a quick google search...)
    12-22-08 10:43 PM
    "Unify4Life� transforms the BlackBerry� smartphone into the ultimate universal remote control by providing a versatile solution that fully manages your home entertainment environment including home theatres, radio receivers and televisions. Along with streaming audio from the BlackBerry� smartphone to audio devices, Unify4Life� features an integrated television program listings where you can browse, set show reminders, search, and create a favorites list. "

Unify4Life�
    12-22-08 10:46 PM
    Oh, very nice! Perfect for the whole HT set-up. Thank you!
    12-22-08 10:50 PM
    100 dollars though...That's extremely high priced for apps I have seen that do the same thing that charge much, much less.
    12-23-08 04:07 AM
    i want the mini projector thats on rims website lol that would be awesome projecting your movie or whatever you want on the wall.. from the storm
    12-23-08 05:17 AM
    I wonder the PS3 has Bluetooth I wonder if they will pair and the PS3 remote is BT?? HMMM? Maybe something to look at over the holiday weekend :-)
    12-23-08 05:28 AM
    100 dollars though...That's extremely high priced for apps I have seen that do the same thing that charge much, much less.
    Can you name a few? This is not just an app, its comes with hw as well.
    12-23-08 09:02 AM
    That's probably the dumbest idea yet for the phone. Why don't you just use a stinkin universal remote?
    12-23-08 09:13 AM
    i think eventually tvs will use WIFI for just about everything. ATT already has U-Verse which provides TV over IP.

It would make sense to have a tv connected to a secure network, that way you could stream your favorite shows to any device you want, and set controls, recordngs, etc with it.
    12-23-08 09:16 AM
    I quite like the idea.

I keep my phone with me so If I need to adjust the volume, channel etc and the kids have "misplaced" the remote i could access it quite quickly.

also as others have stated with the bluetooth communication it would SAVE me $20.00 on buying a remote for my PS3.

Finally I have yet to see a UV/Bluetooth Universal remote that can control my TV/DVD/Receiver/Cable Box and PS3
    12-23-08 09:48 AM
    There were similar apps that did the same thing for the n95 but not all TV's worked. You have to type in the tv model number and something else. I forgot. It's been a while since I were on their forums.
    12-23-08 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD