WTF? My laptop, during peak use hours, won't load pages with my aircard from verizon, but my BB Storm will run circles around it? What gives? My BB doesn't even say 3g or 1XEV either, it says 1X sometimes, and it's still quicker.
    03-24-09 11:42 AM
    the storm is the true jesus phone
    03-24-09 11:51 AM
    aside from the truely obvious answers, could somebody give me a more obscure/impractical answer? I really don't understand.
    03-24-09 11:55 AM
    the storm does bba connect using rev A. depending on your card you might just be on rev 0 (zero). also depends on location, network saturation and traffic, enviornmental interference, how much tinfoil you have wrapped on your head that day, aliens, kevin playing golf with bill gates, etc.
    03-24-09 11:57 AM
    the storm does bba connect using rev A. depending on your card you might just be on rev 0 (zero). also depends on location, network saturation and traffic, enviornmental interference, how much tinfoil you have wrapped on your head that day, aliens, kevin playing golf with bill gates, etc.
    Thanks patches. That was the concrete answers that I was looking for.

Now can anyone tell me where I can find my next wife?
    03-24-09 12:14 PM
    =] my comment was worthless i admit
    03-24-09 12:17 PM
    Internets? Is there more than one now?

I'm always missing those important memos...I need to tweak my Spam filter to let more mail through. Just last week I missed the notice that we will no longer be using the term "pr0n."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by icmedia; 03-24-09 at 02:00 PM.
    03-24-09 01:58 PM
    the internets have become royalty, and now refer to themselves in the royal pronoun.
    "we are not amused"

back on topic:
    if you call vzw tech support and suggest there is some lag, etc, they can go through some troubleshooting steps. maybe firmware on the card is outdated, maintenance at the hour which you are using, network issues preventing your IP to connect fully, etc. always worth it. they'll file a trouble ticket, monitor your connections over the course of however long they need for a proper sample, and send it to WDTS to research further, and they will 100% get back to you with an answer. maybe it is as simple as "your CRUD is old, buy new stuff"
    03-24-09 02:59 PM
    can't believe no one said the obvious, "is your black berry web browswer set to "blackberry or internet explorer?"

If it is set to bb, of course it will pull in faster, website's are coded differently to handle it being on a phone.
    03-24-09 03:34 PM
    can't believe no one said the obvious, "is your black berry web browswer set to "blackberry or internet explorer?"

If it is set to bb, of course it will pull in faster, website's are coded differently to handle it being on a phone.
    i believe we're talking about tethering the blackberry to run as a modem. not the browser ON the blackberry. two different things. but good call. if it were the blackberry browser you'd be right.
    03-24-09 06:13 PM
    Yea gotta be revision A!
    03-24-09 07:25 PM
    Also, I know for a fact that the software for the aircards bottlenecks the speed. Install your aircard like a dial up modem #777 and you will see what I am talking about...don't use access manager, just the drivers.
    03-24-09 08:16 PM
    t how much tinfoil you have wrapped on your head that day
    Hey they have not made tinfoil since WW2
    03-24-09 08:30 PM
    then obviously my family prepared for california to fall into the ocean WAAAYYYYY early cus we gots em still. and i'm sure this can is either peaches or beans. i can't tell anymore...
    03-24-09 11:26 PM
    A lot of people still use the term, "tinfoil" when describing aluminum foil. Just an FYI...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD