Why doesn't the LED stay on when your phone is charging?
    06-19-09 08:48 AM
    because it's not supposed to?

If you're referring to the coverage indicator then who knows.

But really, does it matter that much?
    06-19-09 09:07 AM
    If the phone is turned on it should not be on, but if the phone is turned off it blinks until fully charged and then it shuts the led off and stops the changing process b/c rim has a built-in sensor that let the phone know that it is fully charged so the battery never overcharge. This helps the battery last longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 09:15 AM
    Why doesn't the LED stay on when your phone is charging?
    Because there's already a lightning bolt on the battery icon to let you know whether its charging or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 09:23 AM
    i was only asking because it was said it would do that with the new update
    06-19-09 09:26 AM
    ok since no one actually answered you...my guess is because when you plug it in it probably goes into bedside mode and by default it will shut down the indicator light. Once you change that setting the light will operate as normal reguardless of how full the battery is.
    06-19-09 09:32 AM
    *EDIT* Howarmat beat me to it :P
    06-19-09 09:36 AM
    I already have my settings changed. My thing is since the backlight goes off after a period of time I have to keep pressing the screen to turn light on just to be sure the phone is charging . My LED works when charging if i get a message or something , but if I read correctly the OS update said it would stay on while charging
    06-19-09 09:51 AM
    The green signal status light flashes for me as it always has. No matter what the charging status is
    06-19-09 09:59 AM
    I already have my settings changed. My thing is since the backlight goes off after a period of time I have to keep pressing the screen to turn light on just to be sure the phone is charging . My LED works when charging if i get a message or something , but if I read correctly the OS update said it would stay on while charging if the phone is off.
    Corrected.... the way it behaves now is the way ALL Blackberries behave. Please stop thinking the Storm will deviate from the normal BB way of doing things... it's not going to happen. If you've had a BB before, you'd recognize that the Storm behaves in the same ways... if not, well....
    06-19-09 10:41 AM
    No I have not had one before, like I said I was only asking a question no need to get all jazzy with me!
    06-19-09 11:00 AM
    Corrected.... the way it behaves now is the way ALL Blackberries behave. Please stop thinking the Storm will deviate from the normal BB way of doing things... it's not going to happen. If you've had a BB before, you'd recognize that the Storm behaves in the same ways... if not, well....
    that does not say if the phone is off this is what it says

Enhancements to ensure that the LED indicator comes on each time the device is charged.
    06-19-09 11:07 AM
    that does not say if the phone is off this is what it says

Enhancements to ensure that the LED indicator comes on each time the device is charged.
    Yeah, it's worded wrong. The LED charge indicator had a bug in one OS that caused it to not come on when the phone was off and charging. This line indicates that was fixed.

FYI, you have to know the bugs in order for some of the bug fixes to make sense.... or rather to know the context of how they apply.
    06-19-09 11:15 AM
    What a women......So...So...firery....i like
    06-19-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD