So I JUST got my first Blackberry, the Blackberry Storm, about an hour ago and of course the first thing I noticed was that the screen moved.

Did Blackberry actually give a reason to WHY this does this at all? It doesn't seem to really serve any purpose in my opinion but maybe I'm missing something?? Just seems a little weird is all.
    01-07-09 05:32 PM
    thats how the click works. the screen is connected in the center, so there is going to be a 'wobble', but this allows the screen to click
    01-07-09 05:34 PM
    Uhhhhh....because its a button.

My question is, why does the button on my keyboard move and go down when I press it?
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-07-09 at 06:01 PM.
    01-07-09 05:56 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    01-07-09 05:59 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    lol right?

You can have a button and not have it move. The buttons on my remote control to my TV don't move.

I'm not knocking the Storm I'm just merely asking.
    01-07-09 06:04 PM
    Uhhhhh....because its a button.

My question is, why does the button on my keyboard move and go down when I press it?
    Does the key on your keyboard move side to side and up and down? No. Adorable sarcasm though, simply adorable.
    01-07-09 06:06 PM
    lol right?

You can have a button and not have it move. The buttons on my remote control to my TV don't move.

I'm not knocking the Storm I'm just merely asking.
    Cause some people didn't like the iPhone for a lack of button feeling....
    Soooooo...
    Now we have a button feeling....
    01-07-09 06:06 PM
    Did you not test this phone out before you bought it. You seem really supprised about the whole clickable screen. And it moves because there is one central button that the screen rides on.
    01-07-09 06:07 PM
    Did you not test this phone out before you bought it. You seem really supprised about the whole clickable screen. And it moves because there is one central button that the screen rides on.
    I tested it but I guess I wasn't paying attention. Once again I'm not KNOCKING it I'm just asking, everyone needs to calm their insecurities.
    01-07-09 06:08 PM
    I tested it but I guess I wasn't paying attention. Once again I'm not KNOCKING it I'm just asking, everyone needs to calm their insecurities.
    It is only the biggest feature on the phone and the only one of its kind. I am not knocking you just trying to better answer your question.
    01-07-09 06:10 PM
    It is only the biggest feature on the phone and the only one of its kind. I am not knocking you just trying to better answer your question.
    I had played with it but I never really noticed it at the time when clicking. Maybe I distracted by how fascinating and amazing the phone was. Is that better?
    01-07-09 06:14 PM
    I believe the OP is referring to the wobbling of the screen, not the fact that it clicks like a button.
    01-07-09 06:28 PM
    Does the key on your keyboard move side to side and up and down? No. Adorable sarcasm though, simply adorable.
    Actually, they keys on keyboards do move up and down and side to side, albeit the side to side is minimal.

The screen moves obviously because the entire screen itself moves while typing or selecting certain things. I believe your original question has now been asked and answered, and judging from the previous posts should probebly be closed before the fighting or rude posts continue.
    01-07-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD