Today, after having not installed any software or OS upgrades for a couple of weeks, my phone screen started showing an new button when I have an inbound phone call. It's right between the Anser and the Ignore button (virtual buttons) and it says Ringer Off. Pressing it does nothing and pressing menu when a call comes in only gives me the option to answer or ignore. My volume controls while a call is coming in do nothing (I thought they used to make the ringer volume go up and down). Sometimes the phone still rings, but usually it only vibrates. I haven't changed my sound profiles, use no custom profiles and have no apps that alter your profiles. What is this new Ringer Off?
    09-17-09 04:22 PM
    Hey Grey...did you try a battery pull?
    09-17-09 08:55 PM
    Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

I know that the HYBRID release of .230 has dropped, but does anyone else have any ideas?
    09-17-09 08:56 PM
    Wow, Grey, I'm really sorry that no one is helping you out with this, but we're all pretty busy in the OS section. I've got to run...I need to get a current count of how many times someone has asked if facebook works in the new .230.

Hopefully, somebody will help you out soon.

Hugs and kisses...
    09-18-09 07:58 AM
    To the best of my knowledge that button was always there in .151 for me... Not sure why it isn't working, other than 4.7.x being buggy, especially in the phone section.
    09-18-09 08:02 AM
    As far as I'm aware that button was there since .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 08:15 AM
    It looks the same to me grey (meaning - for as long as I can remember)!

btw man - stop talking to yourself - you'll get drummed out of the Core!!!
    09-18-09 08:50 AM
    The same thing happened to me last week after synching to my computer. My phone won't ring, only vibrates, also I cannot access the ring tones. Any ideas?
    10-25-09 04:11 PM
    No clue but the "ringer off" thing has always been there.
    10-25-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD