when i lock the screen on my storm and turn it to landscape it turns to this to a blue screen with the date. and when i turn it back to portrait mode my image i want is back . but i want it to show even in landscape. any clues on how to fix it and if you can guide me through it. i just got my phone this week. thanks if you can help!
    01-25-09 11:57 PM
    If you upgrade to OS .90 once your wallpaper fades to black, it remains that way in either orientation. Since you don't intend on using your phone in locked mode, this is a power save feature. Your Storm has an earlier OS version that has a flawed lock mode.
    01-26-09 12:02 AM
    when i lock the screen on my storm and turn it to landscape it turns to this to a blue screen with the date. and when i turn it back to portrait mode my image i want is back . but i want it to show even in landscape. any clues on how to fix it and if you can guide me through it. i just got my phone this week. thanks if you can help!
    Landscape wallpaper in lock mode is....well locked. You can't change it. It's not a big deal, if your phone is locked you're probably not looking at it anyway.
    01-26-09 03:00 AM
    If you upgrade to OS .90 once your wallpaper fades to black, it remains that way in either orientation. Since you don't intend on using your phone in locked mode, this is a power save feature. Your Storm has an earlier OS version that has a flawed lock mode.
    I'm using .90, and I have no idea what you're talking about. My lock mode seems to be the same as it's always been. Could you clarify?
    01-26-09 03:05 AM
    Wallpaper only works in portrait mode, locked or unlocked...probably a good thing since the screen isn't square.

And as noted, if you lock the phone the screen is going to black out anyway, so what would be the purpose of having the wallpaper?
    01-26-09 03:14 AM
    people are freaks.. who cares its in your pocket most likely lol!!!
    01-26-09 03:24 AM
    I can see what he means, nothing to do with the wallpaper itself. It's just that when I lock the phone in portrait mode, stick in my pocket, then go to take it back out later to use it, it has changed to landscape mode. Wouldn't be a big deal except that when I unlock the phone, there seems to be a noticeable delay before it switches back to portrait mode. So What I would like to see and what I think doughboy204 is saying, is that when you lock the phone in portrait it should stay in portrait and when you lock it in landscape it should stay in landscape.
    01-26-09 08:00 AM
    So, is there a way to change the blue wallpaper? Or, maybe a way to overwrite it?
    03-08-09 03:22 PM
    there must be an image saved to the phone that the os uses as the landscape wallpaper. If anyone could find it, delete it and put the new image in the same location with the same name as the blue one this may work. Any ideas?
    03-24-09 02:41 PM
    That wallpaper/background is set by the theme. Modify/get a new theme and you're good to go.
    03-24-09 02:43 PM
    I probably use portrait mode 85-90% of the time and landscape view only 10-15% of the time. I realize that landscape view was one of the main selling features of the storm, it just doesn't serve me very well because I use my ipod touch to watch movies, not my Storm...because its easier to put movies on there haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD