when it goes to 1xev i know you dont get the data coverage but my phone seems to switch randomly to 1xev out of the blue and then i dont get emails to come in. I live in a urban area right on the water facing Manhattan , coverage is normally good here, batter pulls and turning the radio on and off sometimes fix it and sometimes dont, but its annoying... any way to get it to permanently be 1XEV (thats what its set to in my connections options) and not the lowercase or is that just the network?
    thx
    01-01-09 01:32 AM
    you may have a defective phone. I'd call VZW and see what the deal is... how many bars are you getting?
    01-01-09 01:35 AM
    I get it too from time to time when after I get finished with a phone call. Im curious as well what this means when the -ex is in lowercase.
    01-01-09 01:36 AM
    right now its 5 bars, and 1xev and I cannot send or receive emails
    01-01-09 01:38 AM
    1XEV= full data and voice
    1xev= no data- just voice
    01-01-09 01:39 AM
    1XEV= full data and voice
    1xev= no data- just voice
    yea i stated that in my first post, im tryin to figure out how to keep it on
    1XEV all the time
    01-01-09 01:42 AM
    When you figure it out let me know. Mine jumps from 1xev to 1XEV just sitting in the same place. It'll also go from 5 bars to none too. Alothough I still get texts and PINS when it says 1xev, not sure about email or is that normal?
    01-01-09 02:03 AM
    One suggestion....try it somewhere else to rule out a cell tower issue. Somewhere else like a block away. If this just started I would call VZW to have them check as well. If happening anywhere you take the phone dont waste VZW's time. Get the ph replaced.
    01-01-09 02:20 AM
    I think the network is down...

I'm in NYC and I've been down for about an hour. I was using data for some time and bam, it just went down since.

I've NEVER EVER had this problem before. I tried battery pull, but no luck.
    01-01-09 02:35 AM
    Yup, network issues. Rarely happens to me, but it happen earlier between 12am to 12:30am.
    01-01-09 05:02 AM
    This happens often to me. I just toggle network on and off a few times. I'm wondering if this is OS related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 05:07 AM
    1xev does equal no data and only voice and 1XEV equals both. When you're in 1xev mode, you're unable to send/receive texts, emails, MMS, etc. There could also be no Host Routing Tables and/or Service Books unavailable. It's happened to me once and turns out that it was a defective phone. I tried resending service books OTA with tech support and they walked me through the process step by step, but with no progress. 1xev also means that your phone is not registered with the BlackBerry Service. It hardly happens, but sometimes you'll be in 1xev mode depending upon how well service data is sent/received; you should be in 1XEV mode for the most part...
    01-01-09 05:54 AM
    it's network issues most of the time... but some of RIM's recent blackberrys are known to drop to 1xev randomly for no reason. My old Curve used to do it from time to time but usually a reboot or turning the radio off, then on, would force it back to 1XEV.

I haven't seen this happened on my Storm yet so it's been good so far.
    01-01-09 05:54 AM
    when it goes to 1xev i know you dont get the data coverage but my phone seems to switch randomly to 1xev out of the blue and then i dont get emails to come in. I live in a urban area right on the water facing Manhattan , coverage is normally good here, batter pulls and turning the radio on and off sometimes fix it and sometimes dont, but its annoying... any way to get it to permanently be 1XEV (thats what its set to in my connections options) and not the lowercase or is that just the network?
    thx
    I had this happen to me the other day. I called vzw and they walked me through registering the phone and then a battery pull. The rep advised that it was a network issue. Now this morning when I woke up, same thing. This time I just did a soft reset and was back up and running. I am currently in northern Florida.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 07:15 AM
    As a side note if you are switching between ATT and Verizon and you choose to alter the phones Mobile Directory Number (the number displayed on the Blackberry) to the ATT phone number via "##000000 send" the Verizon will no longer register properly thus no data, just small 1xev. You need to change the Mobile Directory Number back to the original number.
    01-01-09 09:10 AM
    I had the same issue and VZW support told me to do the following:
    1) Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->BB Button->Register Now
    2) They send me the service books again.

You can resend the service books from the Verizon's BIS website. The VZW rep told me something about a corrupted/wrong service books issue that was going on lately.
    01-01-09 09:22 AM
    Yeah, I think there were network issues with not only Verizon but AT&T last night also. Mine was at 1Xev for a while.
    01-01-09 09:39 AM
    I had the same issue and VZW support told me to do the following:
    1) Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->BB Button->Register Now
    2) They send me the service books again.

You can resend the service books from the Verizon's BIS website. The VZW rep told me something about a corrupted/wrong service books issue that was going on lately.
    This worked like a champ!

Thanx
    01-01-09 09:51 AM
    My STORM moves from 1XEV to 1xev and 1x WAY TOO often for me to feel it is relaible for mobile business...feels like a consumer device and even then, it is a problem. VERIZON and BB need to make a statement about this soon or my STORM goes back...
    01-01-09 03:20 PM
    I used to have tmo so i'm guessing the upper and lowercase is similar to EDGE vs edge. One has data support and the lowercase doesn't. I believe its a network thing, signals can get choppy especially when indoors steel and other metals interfere with signals...
    01-01-09 03:23 PM
    same issue
    02-01-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD