View Poll Results: Why did you replace your storm? (Poll)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Click issues

21 38.18%
  • Button(s) fell off

1 1.82%
  • General hardware issues

10 18.18%
  • General software issues

6 10.91%
  • Cosmetic issues from factory

1 1.82%
  • Screen tint issues

2 3.64%
  • Want to see if I get a better device

6 10.91%
  • Other

8 14.55%
    I see a poll for "did you replaced your storm" so I thought I would do a why did you replace your storm. This is an anonymous poll so be honest
    Last edited by Primate; 12-12-08 at 09:45 PM.
    12-12-08 09:40 PM
    I'm glad I got the Curve
    12-12-08 09:47 PM
    still sitting on the original works great.. which you had a option didnt replace...
    12-12-08 09:49 PM
    still sitting on the original works great.. which you had a option didnt replace...
    That option is in the "Did you replace your storm" poll. This poll is only for those who actually replaced it.
    12-12-08 09:53 PM
    When a call was coming in, it went from terribly slow to answer to not at all.
    12-12-08 10:05 PM
    I had multiple reasons, so I chose one.
    12-12-08 10:26 PM
    Yea I meant to allow multiple answers but missed the check box
    12-12-08 11:02 PM
    I'm glad I got the Curve
    When I went back to my curve it felt very cheap compared to the storm. I really like the feel and weight on the Storm device. I am hoping they can get the storm working as well as the curve in the next few months.
    12-13-08 12:31 AM
    General Hardware for me, but the specific reason, more and more dead pixels were showing up.
    12-13-08 01:00 AM
    Should be one for have not needed to replace the unit,
    12-13-08 01:39 AM
    What is with this phone and pixel issues? I've had 3 so far and all had pixel problems. My phones have had both the clicking problem and various screen related problems. My latest phone has had key functions just stop working until I reboot it. Just awhile ago my phone couldn't send any data in any of my apps even though I had Full 1XEV signal. Then my GPS just stopped working in all my GPS apps. Not a big deal because I am returning the phone for stuck pixels and the clicking issue. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or what but it never happened on my other 2 storms.

I love the phone even with the problems but I want one that clicks uniformly, doesn't have screen problems, and is otherwise solid in the hardware and all of this preferably without a large gap since they seem to be able to make them that way. The way things are going though I think I would have a better chance of winning the lotto then getting all of that on one Storm. It's like a raffle out there when returning a storm. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
    12-13-08 02:00 AM
    What is with this phone and pixel issues? I've had 3 so far and all had pixel problems. My phones have had both the clicking problem and various screen related problems. My latest phone has had key functions just stop working until I reboot it. Just awhile ago my phone couldn't send any data in any of my apps even though I had Full 1XEV signal. Then my GPS just stopped working in all my GPS apps. Not a big deal because I am returning the phone for stuck pixels and the clicking issue. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or what but it never happened on my other 2 storms.

I love the phone even with the problems but I want one that clicks uniformly, doesn't have screen problems, and is otherwise solid in the hardware and all of this preferably without a large gap since they seem to be able to make them that way. The way things are going though I think I would have a better chance of winning the lotto then getting all of that on one Storm. It's like a raffle out there when returning a storm. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
    QFT!
    I'm starting to feel the the click issue even worse...(yes ive even adjusted the t-6 screw in the back to allow for more travel and response of the screen). I have a feeling this phone is not good for heavy BB/PDA Business users and will not be a phone that will hold up in the long run. The idea is great, but only for those who want to use the phone socially and not as a daily business phone. Im going back to my 8830 WE. Its held up quite well for the past year, and i have not been very nice to that phone (Drops, Excessive use of Keyboard and Click Ball Mouse, Spills). Im certain there will be a revised version of the Storm in the next 6-8 months (hardware wise, not cosmetic) then i might think about going back to it.
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 12-13-08 at 03:06 AM.
    12-13-08 03:04 AM
    I could highlight things blue on the storm but could not select the item and also all four of the buttons (call, menu, end, back) stopped woring at the same time.
    12-13-08 04:15 AM
    BTW I order my new storm last tuesday and it shipped today...
    12-13-08 04:28 AM
    Screen, screen, screen!!! Now it's sweet!
    12-13-08 05:15 AM
    Sounds like dead pixels should have been an option. Sorry, that seems to be a newer issue. Well, new to me since I just recently started hearing about it.
    12-13-08 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD