There are a couple other threads on here with the same problems so I don't think it's just my phone
    12-20-08 05:35 PM
    Well I dragged all my ringtones and wallpapers to Device Memory and it is working fine.

My videos and music is in the process of getting put on my Media Card and hopefully will work as well.

The only thing I still can't figure out is when I go into Profiles, then under my Phone menu, I still have a ton of duplicated ringtones there. Not sure why. I just went to the top of the menu to Browse and browsed under Device Memory and it only shows the ringers I installed.

So for those who have followed this saga, or have this problem in the future, the fix is format the card, then put your ringers and wallpapers on the device's memory; and your videos and songs on the media card.

Thanks to all who helped.
    Ok, I was having this same problem yesterday right after I installed .83 and posted in this thread I created: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pro...4/#post1219765 It didn't generate much response and I thought maybe it was just me. Now I've read the 3 pages of this thread so far and it looks like the resolution for me is to put all my media on my computer, do a reformat of my card, reinstall the music and pictures, but wallpapers and ringers on the device memory. There might be other responses after I post this since there's at least another page of posts, however is this really a fix or a temporary solution to the problem? Thanks for getting this far anyway!
    12-20-08 06:10 PM
    That worked for a little bit but then stopped as well. This is a bug I would assume.
    12-20-08 06:13 PM
    There are a couple other threads on here with the same problems so I don't think it's just my phone
    Check out the thread I created yesterday (see my post above the one you just posted). It has to be a glitch and not a random problem with your card.
    12-20-08 06:14 PM
    i feel your pain as well, though I haven't taken the plunge to .83. i've wiped my phone, clean slate to rid of preloaded pics, then using the .75 and when i transferred my custom ringtones to the card, it seemed fine when I added a custom ringtone to one of my contacts. but when I added another custom ringtone to a different contact, the phone started listing duplicates again. it's definitely a bug that needs to be looked into.

on a side note, anybody got the preloaded ringtones for the Storm? I lost mine. been lurking to find a way to recover it, found a few threads, but they don't seem to work for me.
    12-21-08 01:24 AM
    This is a very simple fix, all you have to do is delete the BBThumbs.dat file in the blackberry ringtones folder and Bam! Mp3s will show up fine. Rinse and repeat.

Do this on the PC and make sure you have show hidden files on.

Last edited by Jascias; 12-23-08 at 06:53 AM.
    12-23-08 06:29 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD