I think I'll wait to test the phone in person before I actually buy it. Who else is doing the same???
    11-13-08 01:01 PM
    Me, only because I have till wait until the end of December to switch to Verizon
    11-13-08 01:02 PM
    What do you think the 30 day trial period is for? =)
    11-13-08 01:03 PM
    I will for sure be testing the phone but I will be buying the phone the same day. I don't think that the testing has anything to do with my buying or not buying.
    11-13-08 01:04 PM
    I'm going to one of the hands on workshops on the 20th (really hoping they'll let us buy them then) and will decide after that if I want one still.
    11-13-08 01:07 PM
    I'm definitely testing it... For me it's either going to be the Storm or the iPhone. If the Storm doesn't cut it, in terms of responsiveness, I'm jumping ship to the iPhone.

And unfortunately, I will be comparing the Storm to the iPhone, but not for software or UI, but in operating smoothness, lack of lag, and responsiveness to touch and input.
    11-13-08 01:07 PM
    I'm definitely testing it... For me it's either going to be the Storm or the iPhone. If the Storm doesn't cut it, in terms of responsiveness, I'm jumping ship to the iPhone.

And unfortunately, I will be comparing the Storm to the iPhone, but not for software or UI, but in operating smoothness, lack of lag, and responsiveness to touch and input.
    Although I feel the Storm will work with pristine efficiency and fluidity. I feel as if your not going to take into fact that the iPhone is 2nd generation, and has been out for quite some time now. So please when judging take time into consideration and know if the Storm does have bugs they will be fixed in due time. =)
    11-13-08 01:11 PM
    I just played with it at the NYC Storm Grab event. Even with the device being a prototype and not as reponsive as the official releases will be, I can tell you... it's AMAZING. The typing is veryyyyy cool. Its slimmer than the curve, but seems to be about the same length. I can't WAIT for Friday!!!!
    11-13-08 01:14 PM
    originally intended on testing before buying, but then have realized if i get it and its terrible (god forbid) i have 30 days to exchange it for a curve and get $150 back into my pocket, so win-win.
    11-13-08 01:17 PM
    I'm going to one of the hands on workshops on the 20th (really hoping they'll let us buy them then) and will decide after that if I want one still.

I am also going to a VIP Event on the 20th.

I spoke to my Major Account rep from VZW(We have 67000 Employees)

He said we could order them at the event but we wouldn't get them until the following monday, the24th, by FedEx.

I have an appt at 8am on the 21st to pick mine up.....
    Then I have an appt to replace my ACL in the afternoon.

At least I will have my new toy while I recover.
    11-13-08 01:23 PM
    Hey all, quick question.

My NE2 is Nov 16, contract ends Jan 16. If I upgrade on Nov 21 and sign a new 2 year contract and then within the 30 days, decide to return, does my contract go back to the Jan 16th end date? or am i stuck in the new 2 year contract?

Thanks,
    11-13-08 01:33 PM
    Morning of November 21st:

Walk into Verizon store, Walk over to demo, Hold, Drool, Walk to Sales Booth, Buy.

That is my agenda that day.
    11-13-08 02:53 PM
    the reason I won't buy before testing is if I use the 30 day trial; I won't be able to return simply because I would have sent my treo for the BB trade up program..this way If I use a demo and I like it ... i will buy it and send in my phone for the trade up
    11-13-08 03:01 PM
    I'll be playing with one while the guy finalizes my order in the computer!!!!
    11-13-08 03:09 PM
    I'll be going in to the hands on event and playing with it. Getting a new account on Verizon, but keeping my Sprint curve during the time I trial the storm. I don't want to cancel my account (which costs less) with Sprint and pay the early termination fee only to find out I don't like the storm...
    11-13-08 03:13 PM
    Since i'm ordering it on the phone with the nice rep i just spoke to. ill be going go to the store to play with the demo that morning. And use my 30day trial period if i don't like, ill trade it in for the LG dare which is the other phone I like
    Last edited by kittiesplay; 11-13-08 at 03:26 PM.
    11-13-08 03:23 PM
    Hopefully testing in the morning, as long as it actually does get released. Got a txt from my local store confirming the date, but seeing is believing.
    11-13-08 03:29 PM
    You can test it out in stores when it's released. I hope they don't sell the demo one. The last time I was checking out the BB Bold at at&t store, they had the non-working model. Come on, how could you demo something that's not working. Hope this won't happen to the Storm.
    11-13-08 03:42 PM
    I think you personally stuck with Verizon, like I am then you will buy it anyway, because from all devices that they have Storm will be way better... And you have 30 days trial so use it.
    11-13-08 03:46 PM

Walk into Verizon store, Walk over to demo, Hold, Drool, Walk to Sales Booth, Buy.

That's my plan.
    11-13-08 03:50 PM

I'm not even going to hold and drool...just gonna hand over the cash and rush home to spend some loving time with it before I have to actually begin the earning a living part of my life.
    11-13-08 03:53 PM
    Hey all, quick question.

My NE2 is Nov 16, contract ends Jan 16. If I upgrade on Nov 21 and sign a new 2 year contract and then within the 30 days, decide to return, does my contract go back to the Jan 16th end date? or am i stuck in the new 2 year contract?

Thanks,
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you would be stuck on the new contract and basically could only exchange it for something else. The cancellation of the 2-year contract would only apply to brand new customers. Just my thought. Call them up to be certain.
    11-13-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD