I actually prefer the click screen compared to the storm 2 iphone like screen. i wish they would have stayed with it. anyone else like the click over the normal touch.
    11-02-09 10:28 AM
    LOVE the click!!!
    11-02-09 10:30 AM
    I like the click screen and never had any problems with it.
    11-02-09 10:34 AM
    Me too. The click differentiates this phone from all the other touch screens out there.
    11-02-09 10:35 AM
    I have always hated touch screen phones. But I love the click screen on the storm.
    11-02-09 10:54 AM
    I love the click. The Storm2 clicks as well though, just differently.
    11-02-09 11:27 AM
    Yes the click is the main reason I picked this phone.
    The Storm2 also has a click, but its a lot tighter fit.
    11-02-09 11:30 AM
    i like it still
    11-02-09 11:36 AM
    I thought the storm two also had the click just a little modified. But anyways, I love the click also. Its why I like the phone. I can't type on any other touch screen cause I always end up pushing buttons o don't mean too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:46 AM
    click is great! i feel that i have more control over what i am "about" to click instead of accidentally just selecting it.

Plus the Storm2's click is much better! i think it has a weird noise tho.
    11-02-09 11:48 AM
    too use to clicking.
    11-02-09 12:26 PM
    Love the click!
    11-02-09 12:29 PM
    I love d click screen, its really cool

11-02-09 12:32 PM
    Love the click. My wife has the iPhone and I find I make less errors using the click screen as opposed to just the touch.
    11-02-09 12:39 PM
    I do not dislike the click.

However, if I were RIM, I'd ask myself three questions:

1) Is there a marked improvement in one's ability to interface with the phone when you separate selection from confirmation? (FYI touch=select and click=confirm - all other touch screens select/confirm is the same action).

2) Assuming the answer to #1 is yes, is that advantage worth the tremendous and widespread risk of a hardware failure due to how the device is designed?

3) Assuming the answer to #1 is no, why on god's green earth are we still manufacturing this device when the design itself is inherently prone to mechanical failure when there's no concrete advantage to doing so?

So, while I don't mind the click, I'm absolutely befuddled that RIM is sticking with it. In their quest to not alienate their core customer base, they've done such a thorough job of doing just that (and alienating themselves from Verizon in the process), one must wonder if every day is opposite day in Waterloo. And as an encore, they decide to do it again with the S2. A decision of colossally poor judgment.

The Storm is primarily positioned as a consumer device. Lose the click forchrissake. Business users will adapt or buy a Tour or Bold.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 11-02-09 at 01:26 PM.
    11-02-09 01:18 PM
    I actually prefer the click screen compared to the storm 2 iphone like screen. i wish they would have stayed with it. anyone else like the click over the normal touch.
    Superballs has obviously never actually messed with a Storm2....or played with one that was not actually on.

The Storm2's screen is superior to the S1's hands down...and yes both still click.

If you're an S1 user it takes some getting used to...I was a fast typer on my S1...but on the S2 I'm a fiend. Quick and extremely accurate. I've owned BB's in the past and my typing speed on the Storm2 is by far the quickest.

Regrettably, whenever the phone vibrates, I want to pick it up and throw it out a window...this phone has the worst damn vibrate function on the planet...no point in using it since the noise it makes is loud enough to negate the purpose of vibrate.
    11-02-09 01:19 PM
    I am on a Storm 1 and am OK with the click. I tried a Storm 2 and I actually don't care for it. It has a click, just feels mushy to me. I have always depended on my 4 REAL buttons as dependable, the Storm 2 didn't respond 100% of the time on the send/end buttons now that they are integrated into the screen.
    11-02-09 03:58 PM
    I have had a similar experience to sgdossey, and I can see mikestorm's points.

However, I only played with units in the store, and I've heard that out of the box the S2 is much better than on the display stand with all of that junk attached to it.

Second, I agree that confirmation and selection should remain separate because it truly helps with everything that we do on our Storms. However, with texting it appears to be an exhausting hindrance. I would have liked the ability to disable the click SIMPLY for the keyboard function, but to use the click for all other functions.

I wonder if developers can create a keyboard app to allow this for the S2? I figure if we can remove the click for our web-browsing (opera-mini & bolt browsers), there should be some conceivable way to do the same for the keyboard function.
    11-03-09 02:05 PM
    I try to click now on other touch screens...
    I just hate the click for texting though.
    11-03-09 02:11 PM
    I just feel it's a weak point in the design that allows ingress of fluids or other cack around the screen.

11-03-09 02:13 PM
    Have you actually tried a S2? Im pretty sure it still has a click screen.
    11-03-09 02:38 PM
    The click is why I bought the Storm and is why I upgraded to the Storm 2.
    11-03-09 02:42 PM
    I hate it. Requires too much effort and the click is different the farther from the middle you get. For me the argument that its better to point and then select it simply a justification for an inconvienance that we have to deal with. I don't see why RIM doesn't make it optional. I think far more people would like this phone if the click wasn't required.

11-03-09 02:48 PM
    Surely if it's that inconvenient a different phone would have been a better choice.

11-03-09 03:10 PM
    No complaints here.
    11-03-09 08:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD