i pocket mine with a verizon's screen protector and seido innocase II... no problems with the battery... and screen is fine... little dust, but it doesnt really bother me...
    i always lock the phone before putting in my pocket though...
    04-16-09 06:26 PM
    ok - may be wrong here but maybe a few can test this out and get back to everyone - lay your naked storm on a desktop or bed or whatever and let the screen time out - wait for a little bit and while touching nothing else just press the screen - mine does nothing which leads me to believe that when its in your pocket without a "sleeper" case that its basicall asleep anyway - if i dont use my forte case i slide it in my pocked naked with the screen facing towards my leg - it seems almost impossible to crack the screen this way because if you bump anything externally its only hitting the back of your phone and the screen is then mashed against your leg which wont be hard enough to crack the screen - please test my thoughts and correct me if im wrong.
    04-16-09 06:41 PM
    I pocket my storm. I have a silicone cover for it with a screen protector. I am running OS .122, epocrates running in the background all day. I do lots of text, email, web browsing and calling throughout the day. I charge my phone every night and since the new OS I am usually at 15% when I go to charge it up.
    04-16-09 06:54 PM
    I have Ghost Armor on mine so I just pocket it without anything else in the pocket. The GA does a good job keeping the unit protected and does not pick up much lint or dust.
    04-16-09 06:57 PM
    I use the Incipio Feather with no holster, no magnet to put it to sleep, etc. It is almost 8 pm here and I've been off the charger since 7:05 am. I have 50% battery remaining with moderate use. I have a screen protector and wouldn't go without.
    04-16-09 06:57 PM
    I do half and half. I have the holster that puts it to sleep and also have a soft silicone cover.

Power consumption is the same regardless. About 36 to 48 hours.

Though for the past month I also have some documents that I access through tethering when I am using the PC and so the Storm charges. I usually leave it connected over night to the PC and unplug in the morning when I am leaving to see customers.
    04-16-09 07:01 PM
    Always. Screen protector and Incipio Feather Case.
    04-16-09 07:07 PM
    Me. No added protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 07:17 PM
    ok - may be wrong here but maybe a few can test this out and get back to everyone - lay your naked storm on a desktop or bed or whatever and let the screen time out - wait for a little bit and while touching nothing else just press the screen - mine does nothing which leads me to believe that when its in your pocket without a "sleeper" case that its basicall asleep anyway - if i dont use my forte case i slide it in my pocked naked with the screen facing towards my leg - it seems almost impossible to crack the screen this way because if you bump anything externally its only hitting the back of your phone and the screen is then mashed against your leg which wont be hard enough to crack the screen - please test my thoughts and correct me if im wrong.
    that's because is on a flat surface... try tilting it just a tad bit... the screen will come on when you click on it... you should at least lock your phone if you dont have a sleeper before you put it in your pocket..
    04-16-09 07:24 PM
    that's because is on a flat surface... try tilting it just a tad bit... the screen will come on when you click on it... you should at least lock your phone if you dont have a sleeper before you put it in your pocket..
    i dont think the issue of being flat or not has anything to do with it - i think there is some type of electrical connection made when you hold it in your hand and touch the screen - i thought of what you suggested when i first noticed this and flat or angled had nothing to do with it (propped it on an angle on a pillow).
    04-16-09 07:31 PM
    i pocket mine naked or with the silicon case. i do have the issue of dust behind my screen though.

bat life is fine.
    04-16-09 07:44 PM
    Mine goes into pocket but in the Blackberry Pouch. Get about 1 1/2 to 2 days of battery out of it.

Anyone know where to get genuine BlackBerry accessories in Australia?
    04-16-09 07:45 PM
    I have an Innocase hybrid with no screen protector. I used to keep one on it, then I saw that video with the dude take a hunting knife to the screen with no scratches. I just make sure nothing else is in my right pocket. (My Storm is starting to imprint itself into my jeans). I've not had dust issues until I put the Innocase on - I have to take it off and clean it out regularly.
    04-16-09 07:53 PM
    i have an incipio case and I just pocket mine with that. To me the incipio case is the greatest case they ever made for the storm I love it.
    04-16-09 08:02 PM
    i have a cheap screen protector and a hard case on the outside. But ya not a huge battery problem cept when i call i lose like 1 bar, is that normal?
    04-16-09 08:05 PM
    belt clips and anything exposing the phone is for tools, get a rubber case or whatever and put it in your pocket
    04-16-09 08:06 PM
    My storm is naked 24 7 and I just throw it in my pocket. I've dropped my phone so many times I dnt care anymore.

04-16-09 08:07 PM
    I've always just pocketed all my phones. I use the invisible shield on my storm and just throw it in my pocket with my keys and every thing else. No problems.

Oh and battery life is just fine.
    04-16-09 08:18 PM
    I pocket mine with a silicon case on it and don't really have any problems to report.

I just need to make sure I remember to lock the phone before doing it

If only it would wake up gracefully from a locked state rather than clunk around for 30 seconds before snapping to
    04-16-09 08:19 PM
    Lock it and pocket!
    04-16-09 08:24 PM
    I use the side clip, never pocketed a phone before, I like the clips. My battery lasts quite a bit, barely run it out tho because I charge it every night and have a charger at work.

04-16-09 08:42 PM
    I always pocket mine, I have a VZW screen protector, and I have a clear plastic case from verizon for it though I don't use it anymore because it's too bulky, but i have no dust problems at all, and battery is fine on .122
    04-16-09 08:51 PM
    I always pocket mine too. I took off the stock screen protector and put a better quality one one. Also I have a hard plastic case and have not had the problem of dust or anything else. Oh and my battery is just fine.
    04-16-09 09:23 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD