View Poll Results: How are you going to get it?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Activation

14 11.20%
  • Upgrade

70 56.00%
  • Without discount / no contract

30 24.00%
  • Online Auction

2 1.60%
  • Wait for another provider to carry

9 7.20%
    There is a HUGE demand for the new storm. So I would like to know who is going to buy and How your going to get it???
    09-17-08 12:57 PM
    I'm going to purchase as soon as it's available. I have a Family Share plan, and one of the lines became eligible for upgrade with a discount on Sept. 4. It is my son's line that's eligible, but since I pay for it, he can keep his Krzr, and I will activate the Storm on my line once it arrives.
    09-17-08 01:06 PM
    Im happy and Love my Curve, I will wait a while to see what Sprint comes out with in the future.
    09-17-08 01:10 PM
    I'm going to upgrade from my SLVR.
    09-17-08 01:16 PM
    Full retial for me or maybe wait for the price.
    09-17-08 01:17 PM
    However I can get it soonest
    09-17-08 01:20 PM
    If I go with the storm I'll upgrade from my Razor!! Talk about an upgrade
    09-17-08 01:21 PM
    Full Retail Price.
    But not so sure. I love my Curve!
    I'll wait and see how the world takes the Storm!
    I'm getting impatient to SEE it and see how it feels.
    Ha.
    I'm not so crazy about the touch screen. But I'll see how that works out.
    09-17-08 01:22 PM
    I'm getting my first blackberry as an upgrade. Can't wait to have the device in my hand, by the data bill is going to suck.
    09-17-08 01:23 PM
    Upgrade! Not sure if im going to go to the store or call? From what i have been reading some people say it shows up on the website before its in the store.
    09-17-08 01:25 PM
    I voted: Wait for another provider to carry because I really don't want to end up having to use Verizon.

I'm going to wait to see how long this "exclusivity" is. Some are speculating that it might only be for something like 3-6 months. If that isn't true, I'll probably get a Thunder and sign up with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Best case scenario, (which I seriously doubt) I keep my contract with Sprint, they end up getting these bad boys too, and I won't have to change anything but my phone.
    09-17-08 01:35 PM
    I will look for online discount after it's release. You can often find deals like free after rebates.
    09-17-08 02:02 PM
    I love my 8830, but the lack of camera is killing me. Plus touch screens are badass. The only issue I have is my ability to text at the same speed with the new touchscreen. I hope it's as good as they say it is cause i text about 70-80 words/minute on the 8830.
    09-17-08 02:22 PM
    I will pay outright with no contract.... but only if I can get it activated on Sprints network.....
    09-18-08 11:03 AM
    I will pay outright with no contract for the 9500 from vodafone and use it on another provider in germany.
    09-18-08 11:45 AM
    There is a HUGE demand for the new storm. So I would like to know who is going to buy and How your going to get it???
    I am going to get it. And I'm going to get it by exchanging currency for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 12:00 PM
    It'd be an upgrade for me due to NE2 but I don't know if I want to have a contract, I like not having one cause its like not having a car payment since you can cancel any time you want!

But I paid full retail for my 700w when it got released ($725.00+) and paid full retail for my 8830WE when it got released (I think that was like $400.00ish). Oh well, VZW loves me and the reps laugh cause they're always like, "Well, if you want to wait..." I respond, "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! Here's the money! Transfer the numbers and that's all I'm asking to do!" It reminds me of like a kid in a candy store!
    09-18-08 01:24 PM
    It'd be an upgrade for me due to NE2 but I don't know if I want to have a contract, I like not having one cause its like not having a car payment since you can cancel any time you want!

But I paid full retail for my 700w when it got released ($725.00+) and paid full retail for my 8830WE when it got released (I think that was like $400.00ish). Oh well, VZW loves me and the reps laugh cause they're always like, "Well, if you want to wait..." I respond, "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! Here's the money! Transfer the numbers and that's all I'm asking to do!" It reminds me of like a kid in a candy store!
    Jaja. You're a sucker for new phones. I hear ya. I almost paid full retail for my 700p. I got it from ebay.

I'm going to buy the Storm through my girl's line. She's eligible for an upgrade. Then I'll just transfer it to my line and give her my Curve.
    09-18-08 02:09 PM
    New for two probably online, just got my eligibility...so hopefully they don't sell out too quick!
    09-18-08 04:45 PM
    Will most likely be buying it without a contract.
    09-18-08 07:00 PM
    so you left out the option to not buy
    I am just not a fan of touchscreens as a phone anymore
    09-18-08 07:01 PM
    I really don't like "touch screen" phone. That's a reason why I choose Blackberry, not iPhone.
    On the other hand, I think RIM release Storm to compete with Apple and attract the iPhone users.
    09-18-08 07:07 PM
    I am not buying the Storm. However, I will love playing with the one on display when it comes out.
    09-18-08 08:15 PM
    I have a feeling that a lot of you are going to change your tune about paying full retail with no contract.

First off, you don't even know that it will be offered without a contract. And if it is, there's NO TELLING how much it will cost without one.

*Certain "insiders"* can continue with the condescending vague hints, but I'll believe the prices and the specs when I have the phone in my hand. And regardless of what they know about the specs, I can guarantee you they don't know the price.
    09-18-08 08:25 PM
    Gonna use my New Every Two $100 credit. Finally I'm in the right place at the right time.
    09-18-08 08:58 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD