I know my Storm says "made in Canada" but is it actually manufactured there or does it say that because that's where RIM is?

Only asking because a guy at work is giving me a hard time because he says the storm is made in china by a 7 year old. Pulled the battery and showed him that it says made in canada and he's still giving me crap. Thought I remembered they were being made in Canada and Mexico???
    06-29-09 12:03 PM
    If it says Canada, then it was made in Canada. Most are made in either Mexico or Canada, although I think I made read about some recently cumming out of Hungary.

The real truth is you can't tell any more. My Dodge truck was made mostly in the US, then shipped to Canada for some of the diesel engine assembly, then to Mexico for final assembly, then back to the US for delivery. Pretty ********.
    06-29-09 12:09 PM
    Kitchener, Ontario. Canada. the city of RIM about 25 min from me. i know a few people that work at the company (:
    06-29-09 12:18 PM
    Mine was manufactured in Hungary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jimstratus; 06-29-09 at 12:59 PM.
    06-29-09 12:57 PM
    keep in mind the manufacturing label indicates where the phone was assembled. No doubt the parts in the phone come form several (or many) different places, including China. But yes, final assembly is Canada, Mexico, or Hungary.
    06-29-09 02:17 PM
    All blackberrys are assembled and shipped from Waterloo, Ontario. That does not mean that they are fully made in canada though. Parts are made in mexico, china, etc.

Source: Friends who are RIM Employees
    09-26-10 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD