Help!
    I bought a Storm off of Ebay, phone works great, no issues with it and I've quickly fallen in love. BUT, and this is a big issue for me, I can't find my Blackberry Maps. I bought the storm to replace my Blackberry Curve because I now need a global phone. I used the Blackberry Maps feature all the time on my Curve. I will be leaving the US in 10 days and will be in Europe for the next year. I NEED my maps!!! I've called Verizon, who directed me to Blackberry. The tech support guy at Blackberry was unsupportive. I've downloaded the latest software, nothing. I've searched high and low, and no one can help me. I'm at my wits end here. I've tried to find substitue map features, so far the best one has been the Google Maps feature that I just downloaded. But I don't know if that will work when I am abroad. Also, it maps based off my current gps, I used my Blackberry Maps frequently to pull up maps of a city I was going to, and I can't seem to get the google maps to let me enter an address, or city or something other than where I am right now. So...any suggestions of where else I can look for my Blackberry Maps? Or suggestions on using Google and getting it to let me pull up a map other then my GPS location? Please help, I'm getting desperate, and this is really the last thing I need to deal with as I get ready to leave
    Thanks.
    08-07-09 12:08 AM
    u can redownload bbmaps via dm/apploader

as for gmm...

go into gmm > bbmenu > search map > enter address
    08-07-09 12:44 AM
    I had the same issue with BB Maps not showing, no matter what I tried. It wasnt until I upgraded to a newer OS that BB Maps suddenly started showing up.
    08-07-09 05:41 AM
    Check the download folder. All new downloads are put in this folder and can be moved out to the home page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 05:51 AM
    You need to plug your phone into your pc and open up DM. Then go to the install apps or whatever its called, i dont remember what the selection is called but its where you install apps at. Then scroll down that bug list of apps until you find Blackberry maps. You need to check that box to install it. I think this should work if you have any OS already installed on your pc
    08-07-09 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com

EDIT: I would also like to commend you on your thread title, TOO many people don't title their threads with a thought to future users, BUT your title was PERFECT! Kudos!
    08-07-09 10:53 AM
    I've had my BBMaps not show up (inside the Applications Folder, BTW) when my handset wasn't registered on the network.

FWIW: I don't use BBMaps. The GPS device in this handset is not app-limited by Verizon. So, version 3.0.2 of Google Maps can do everything for me, and I'm going to give Nav4All a try as well as it has turn-by-turn voice directions (and it's free).
    08-07-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD