Purchased 9530 through Verizon. Thought it would be great since I travel and have several diferent SIM cards from diferent countries. However The phone will acknowledge the GSM carrier but will not acknowledge the SIM card. I just need to be able to use the SIM card for the countries I travel through.

Any tips or suggestions

Thanks from Iraq

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 12:46 AM
    Yes, you must just unlock your phone. Luckily, our website will be up and running within the next couple weeks. We have the best prices you can find anywhere. Check my tag if you're still looking around.
    02-02-09 02:16 AM
    Hmmm, doesn't seem I can see my signature?
    02-02-09 02:23 AM
    uniquephones.com only charges $20USD. you get the code within 5 minutes.
    02-02-09 03:24 AM
    Do you have an account with VZW or did you just purchase it outright? If you have a current account with them try calling them and asking them to unlock it first before having to pay. Lots of info on here about it. Just hit search.
    02-02-09 06:46 AM
    Do you have an account with VZW or did you just purchase it outright? If you have a current account with them try calling them and asking them to unlock it first before having to pay. Lots of info on here about it. Just hit search.
    If you have a Verizon account, then they will give you the unlock code.....Might have to try a couple times but eventually u'll be unlocked for free...
    02-02-09 03:10 PM
    Go with uniquephones, I unlocked my Storm from them though I paid $19.99 , I should have just posted my IMEI here . Can I get a refund? I'll tell my friends to unlock theirs and you can charge them LOL
    02-04-09 08:05 AM
    I'm assuming they are unlocking it for free seeing it looks like he may be in the military.
    02-04-09 11:15 AM
    UniquePhones is highly recomended guys. I just used it a minute ago and unlocked my 9500 Storm successfully!
    02-04-09 01:05 PM
    Wow, hook me up! I could get mine for free from Verizon because I've been a member in good standing for 8 years, but I'm lazy and don't want to beg. LOL.
    02-04-09 01:12 PM
    Hey schantzb,

If you give me your IMEI number we will generate your unlock code free of charge.
    As a military guy, I would like to thank you for helping this soldier and donate the code free of charge. Thats the best thing a soldier could ask, the support of the people. God Bless you!
    02-04-09 01:28 PM
    Only cause you asked so nicely! Check your PMs
    How awesome, thanks so much! You'll definitely be who I recommend to people when they ask about this in the future.

For those of you considering Unique Phones, it took two minutes to get my unlock code (literally!).

Just to be clear, if I entered my code while my regular Verizon supplied SIM card was in the phone, that's fine right? It said code accepted so I assume I don't need to reenter it once I get a different SIM to use.
    02-04-09 01:55 PM
    As a military guy, I would like to thank you for helping this soldier and donate the code free of charge. Thats the best thing a soldier could ask, the support of the people. God Bless you!
    Agree wholeheartedly! So much so that i just purchased an unlock code for my Storm from uniquephones. I believe in supporting those who support our mil. folks....
    02-04-09 02:41 PM
    Hook me up as well! =) I'm a college student who can't afford these expensive Verizon bills. LOL.
    02-04-09 04:42 PM
    You guys are so nice! Thanks again.
    02-04-09 05:30 PM
    I have been buying codes for friends and unlocking there phones. Now everyones calling me. Can I try you with a coupon?
    no love???
    Last edited by hilsmon; 02-05-09 at 08:02 AM. Reason: add
    02-05-09 05:56 AM
    Thanks Uniquephones for supporting our military folk....I'm actually on my way to afghanistan and am with the Canadian forces.
    Could you help me out with unlocking my Telus 9530 so I can keep in touch with family without using the exorbitant pricing of the Telus roaming global sim!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:43 AM
    im going to try out unique phones myself, i just ordered a storm and want to unlock it.
    02-05-09 11:43 AM
    Looks like eunlock just got out marketed big time

BTW UniguePhones from a retired sailor great job!
    02-05-09 01:03 PM
    I used UniquePhones the other day to unlock my 9530. I had the code and instruction in about 2 minutes. I highly recommend them. Now my wife is asking to have her BB World Edition unlocked.
    02-05-09 01:29 PM
    Thank you for Supporting Our Troops on the day after we had our 108th Canadian Soldier make the long trek down the Highway Of Heroes from CFB Trenton to the Coroner offices. adsam please have a safe deployment. UniquePhones please keep us posted on the unlock codes for Telus
    02-05-09 02:30 PM
    thanks for supporting us UniquePhones! I hope those of you that have deployments coming up, stay safe!

hooah
    02-05-09 02:52 PM
    Wow. Its so nice to see a company taking care of people like this. Keep up the good work UniquPhones. =) And to all of our boys/gals in the military My Prayers Are Always With You
    02-05-09 02:52 PM
    It is nice to see the military support here on CB.

Thank you.
    02-05-09 02:57 PM
    UniquePhones rocked. I tried to get some codes to try them, but after no response via PM I bought them to test. Unlocked the storm 9530 on first try! I will be back to use them! I wont even hold no PM response against you.
    02-05-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD