Hope this is in the right forum........ anyhow: Storm 1, Running OS5....419. Verizon. This phone runs GREAT. Some time ago I took BBMaps off to make room and I use Google Maps alone.

I want to use an app that requires BBMaps and cannot find a way to get it back on my device. I get to download screens and a file "something ribbon" ends up on my device, but nothing else happens. I tried OTA - nothing. I tried sending link to my device and downloading - I get the ribbon file and nothing. I pull batteries, etc.

I used DM and search for software - nothing.

Did I lose the ability for BBMaps with the new OS5....419? What am I doing wrong?

Ok, so this was almost too easy. I read a few more threads and sites. One site also suggested reloading the OS, but before that, going to LOADER.EXE and seeing if it should up on there. I did that. It did! I picked it, and loaded it and it works fine! Go figure. When I used DM, none of the blackberry apps showed up on the pick list. When I quit DM, and launched LOADER.EXE, the ALL showed up, with languages, etc. So I picked Maps, it loaded, and there you have it. Hope this helps some others as well.
    Last edited by newskate9; 02-09-10 at 11:07 AM. Reason: FOUND THE ANSWER
    02-08-10 03:38 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue and asked the same thing to no avail. The only think I think you can do is download the .451 hybrid. BB maps comes right with it and seems to work faster now. goodluck!
    02-08-10 04:31 PM
    You might have to get a program similar to BBSAK to force the Blackberry Maps.cod back onto your storm...

I'd first try backing up the phone, wiping the phone, and re-install the most current OS that you have on your computer. When your about to install the OS, it asks you what "core apps" you want to have on the phone. I'd make sure that it say Blackberry Maps - Install or Upgrade...
    02-08-10 04:43 PM
    HAve you try with AppWorld?
    02-08-10 04:45 PM
    Thanks for the responses. App World doesn't have BBMaps - drats.

I'll give the wipe and go a shot I think. I really don't like BBMaps, but it's required for SMRTGuard. So, to get one to work, I need the other. Double drats.
    02-08-10 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the responses. App World doesn't have BBMaps - drats.

I'll give the wipe and go a shot I think. I really don't like BBMaps, but it's required for SMRTGuard. So, to get one to work, I need the other. Double drats.
    Is there a version off BBMaps for the Storm running .328?

Everything that I have seen is for 4.2 or 4.5 (something like that)
    02-08-10 08:46 PM
    Is there a version off BBMaps for the Storm running .328?

Everything that I have seen is for 4.2 or 4.5 (something like that)
    Just checked my version is 5.0. Try the BB website
    02-08-10 08:53 PM
    See my answer in first post
    02-09-10 11:08 AM
    See my answer in first post
    Correct, this is because if DM doesn't see an OS difference between the phone and what DM sees installed on the PC, it won't launch loader.exe to do anything.

Sorry, wish I would have seen this thread before, but at least you were able to solve it yourself, which probably made you feel good.
    02-09-10 11:39 AM
    Ha! It did make me feel good. And nosing around, I learned a lot too. And I got some great insight/pointers in the process.

My hope now, is I can return the favors for all my helpers!

Count me a very satisfied Storm-trooper. Now I just have to think hard about the latest OS - darn thing is working so good now!!!
    02-09-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD