When you get a replacement and you have to turn your previous storm in, what parts of the storm do they re-use? what do they do with the screen, backplate for the screen, housing and stuff like that?
    05-19-09 01:26 AM
    I think they would reuse everything as long as it didn't get water damage and things like the screen and visible parts don't have scratches or appear worn. This is where all the refurbs asurion usually sends out come from. They are however supposed to be run through a test to make sure everything runs properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 01:30 AM
    I believe the replacements Asurion sends out are the Certified Like New models that they receive from RIM. I'm not sure if RIM re-uses the housings and screens or replaces them with new ones (like Apple), but I know they use the same innards.
    05-19-09 01:33 AM
    So if the screen has scratches on it what do they do with it? Do they remove the back plate thing and re-use all of that? Or do they just replace the top part of the screen
    05-19-09 01:38 AM
    I would assume they replace the top part. If it aint broke don't fix it! And yes I said aint! I'm from texas � the best country in the world lol!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 01:45 AM
    So if the screen has scratches on it what do they do with it? Do they remove the back plate thing and re-use all of that? Or do they just replace the top part of the screen
    I'm not quite sure, but I've never received any "Certified Like-New" replacement that hasn't been in 100% perfect exterior condition... and I've gone through almost all the models and quite a few of each.
    05-19-09 01:48 AM
    The reason I'm asking is because if you notice on the picture I attached, Behind the connecting ribbon thing for the LCD that connects to the main board, there is a small alloy bar. Well mine broke off. I ordered a replacement today for different issues, and Im wondering if this will cause me problems.
    05-19-09 02:06 AM
    I don't think you'll have any issues. When you send your phone in, the warranty techs. check for physical damage, and if the warranty and water damage stickers are intact and not red. Then if that's fine, they send off the phone to RIM (I'm assuming this part) and at that point, they can't really trace it back to you. I say that because once they receive your phone, there's no way to get it back to you. That's why they want you to make sure you removed your SIM card and media card.
    05-19-09 02:12 AM
    I don't think you'll have any issues. When you send your phone in, the warranty techs. check for physical damage, and if the warranty and water damage stickers are intact and not red. Then if that's fine, they send off the phone to RIM (I'm assuming this part) and at that point, they can't really trace it back to you. I say that because once they receive your phone, there's no way to get it back to you. That's why they want you to make sure you removed your SIM card and media card.
    Ok good . And what about the torx screw sticker thing. The red one with the white line. If that one has a little chip in the side where it ripped will they give me trouble?
    05-19-09 02:15 AM
    Ok good . And what about the torx screw sticker thing. The red one with the white line. If that one has a little chip in the side where it ripped will they give me trouble?
    That I'm not sure, but I'd be slightly worried. I'm not sure if you received your new replacement yet or shipped yours back or not, but what I would do in your position is remove the one from the new one and put it on the old one that you have to send back.
    05-19-09 02:17 AM
    That I'm not sure, but I'd be slightly worried. I'm not sure if you received your new replacement yet or shipped yours back or not, but what I would do in your position is remove the one from the new one and put it on the old one that you have to send back.
    Thought about that right after I posted the last post. Thanks.
    05-19-09 02:19 AM
    Got a new phone yesterday cause mine just stopped working. I did the torx trick with mine and even showed the guy at verizon how to do that since he was telling his customers about the business card trick. He had no problems giving me a new phone under warranty and gave me a new storm on the spot. He said he had to give me a new sim card maybe its because my phone would not boot at all and you couldn't even connect it to the computer? But as long as you put that sticker back over the torx and you didn't eff it up to bad, they should have no problem giving you a new phone.
    05-19-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD