For the storm. It would be so easy, I wish someone would step up and make one. Its driving me nuts that my buddy uses my Bose dock for his ipod touch and I dont have an iphone anymore I cant even use it...
    05-17-09 10:11 PM
    They make some pretty killer Bluetooth ones... why not that option?

I use the motorokr and leave my phone on the charger while its going. No problems yet.
    05-17-09 10:14 PM
    any sound dock that has the headphone cable option you should be able to use your BB with, it just wont charge it like it does an ipod/iphone.

i use my bb in my car with the aux cable all the time to listen to pandora on the go.
    05-17-09 10:16 PM
    They make some pretty killer Bluetooth ones... why not that option?

I use the motorokr and leave my phone on the charger while its going. No problems yet.
    Really? Sweet! Got a link that shows them?

whats the range on them?
    05-17-09 10:19 PM
    any sound dock that has the headphone cable option you should be able to use your BB with, it just wont charge it like it does an ipod/iphone.

i use my bb in my car with the aux cable all the time to listen to pandora on the go.
    Nice never thought of that idea! My buddy has pandora on his touch so I got it for the BB and love it!!
    05-17-09 10:21 PM
    Search bluetooth stereo speakers and you should find a slew of options.

I usually get around 30 feet depending on where I am out. If its outside on my back porch I can get about 45 feet away before it starts going in and out.
    05-17-09 10:25 PM
    Nice never thought of that idea! My buddy has pandora on his touch so I got it for the BB and love it!!
    quite a few people overlook the idea, thinking that since it doesnt dock right in, that it wont work, but you just have to be creative.

and if you have a home theater system you can integrate it with that as well, by picking up a headphone to RCA cable!
    05-17-09 10:27 PM
    okay great over a million results to choose from. Im going to the beach and would love some kick **** sound to have on the beach and the boat while fishing. So i need something battery powered anyone have the best all around system in mind?
    05-17-09 11:06 PM
    Really? Sweet! Got a link that shows them?

whats the range on them?
    They're in the verizon store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:36 AM
    When the Storm 2 is out... Thats when we'll get a decent dock.
    05-18-09 12:53 AM
    okay great over a million results to choose from. Im going to the beach and would love some kick **** sound to have on the beach and the boat while fishing. So i need something battery powered anyone have the best all around system in mind?
    I use the BOSCH PB10-CD boombox, especially for camping, fishing, etc..
    the think is a tank

it kicks major ***, great sound, cd, and input for your blackberry or mp3 player.
    you can throw it off a roof, leave it in the rain, and it'll still be ok.
    the only downside is you gotta get a bosch tool battery for it, however it's worth it because it's rechargable!
    i don't think there is anything better for outdoor abuse than this
    apparently i'm to new to post a link or an image, so just look up that model #
    05-18-09 01:04 AM
    Motorola or Alltec Lansing would be my 2 recommendations... then again I have always gotten the hook up on moto stuff so I am really biased towards them.
    05-18-09 01:06 AM
    the dock thing, idk if it'll work...it'd have to have a 3.5mm headphone jack, idk if they can stream audio via USB on the device...it'd prolly sit in portrait and have the plug and just go into speakers...they make generic ones you can use, i plug my storm into my radio in my car with the aux jack and a double ended male 3.5mm headphone jack...
    05-18-09 01:26 AM
    the dock thing, idk if it'll work...it'd have to have a 3.5mm headphone jack, idk if they can stream audio via USB on the device...it'd prolly sit in portrait and have the plug and just go into speakers...they make generic ones you can use, i plug my storm into my radio in my car with the aux jack and a double ended male 3.5mm headphone jack...
    Well I saw this for charging. ANd I figured they could make something with a headphone jack to flip the phone on the other side and stream music using Pandora?!

OEM BLACKBERRY STORM CHARGING CRADLE DOCK POD FOR 9530 - eBay (item 350202895308 end time Jun-15-09 15:43:59 PDT)

Sorry for the long link one day ill figure out how to do the "click here" thingy I always see lol
    05-18-09 01:34 AM
    Why would you want to dock the Storm for music? Yes it does play mp3's but they are compressed and sound like s**t!! If you want portable music player use an ipod. Dont get me wrong I am in love with my Storm but not for music purposes. I have my Storm for smart phone functionality and my ipod for my media purposes. I dont know, maybe its just me but music played from the Storm does not sound good. But then again I am a sound engineer.
    05-18-09 04:43 AM
    I think the music from my storm sounds amazing. I use the Moto S9-HD headset. The actual speaker quality itself on the phone I think is suffering but the headset makes me feel like I am listening to my ipod. Actually thinking about selling my Ipod!
    05-18-09 11:34 AM
    Why would you want to dock the Storm for music? Yes it does play mp3's but they are compressed and sound like s**t!! If you want portable music player use an ipod. Dont get me wrong I am in love with my Storm but not for music purposes. I have my Storm for smart phone functionality and my ipod for my media purposes. I dont know, maybe its just me but music played from the Storm does not sound good. But then again I am a sound engineer.

Yeah but the regular ipod's dont have Pandora as an option. And I dont want to invest in an ipod touch. Just looking for an alternative to my girls ipod on the beach. And im going deep sea fishing and she isnt going and im pretty sure im not going to take her ipod out with me because she would kill me lol. Anyways does anyone own a dock with blu-tooth capabilities? If so which one and how far is the range, any lag in the music ever? Also for the plug users, what plug do I need to plug it in and where do I get one? Thanks!
    05-18-09 11:40 AM
    I have the Parrot Boombox and BluAnt M1, and both are great.
    05-18-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD