I have mass storage mode enabled and everything I can think of, but I can't get my phone to pop up the folders as in the SD card and on board folder. I just got the phone swapped out a couple days ago, and it hasn't ever actually allowed me to see the phone under my computer and that kind of stuff.
    I babe used .148 .167 (current os), and I even had been on 5.0.0.323 on here for a while yesterday.
    Mass storage mode IS enabled. But that's all I knew to update and enable for it to work.

Help me pretty please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:10 AM
    Same issue. Any help?
    10-22-09 09:38 AM
    It seems a rash of refurbs over the summer were released with this issue (my phone included).

The good news is there is a 'once and done' fix.

BB Storage Activation New

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).

About the fix.

The file is a RIM command line programmer. The 'fix' essentially enables mass storage mode via DOS command line when the phone is plugged in via USB.

The conventional way of doing this is via the front end of the OS: options / memory / Mass Storage Mode Support -> ON, however for some reason, some phones don't seem to be recognizing mass storage mode despite the proper setting on this screen.

Once you go through the above fix, your phone functions properly (can go in and out of mass storage via the OS) and the file is no longer needed.
    10-22-09 10:04 AM
    That's great, I'm working it right now...
    10-22-09 12:34 PM
    It seems a rash of refurbs over the summer were released with this issue (my phone included).

The good news is there is a 'once and done' fix.

BB Storage Activation New

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).

About the fix.

The file is a RIM command line programmer. The 'fix' essentially enables mass storage mode via DOS command line when the phone is plugged in via USB.

The conventional way of doing this is via the front end of the OS: options / memory / Mass Storage Mode Support -> ON, however for some reason, some phones don't seem to be recognizing mass storage mode despite the proper setting on this screen.

Once you go through the above fix, your phone functions properly (can go in and out of mass storage via the OS) and the file is no longer needed.
    This fix did not work for me. If it doesn't work for you, go to this website (after connecting your Storm to your computer) http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe and click "run" each time it pops up. That worked for me and my phone works perfectly. The webpage will just be blank but don't worry. After the the file runs, your Storm will reboot and should work fine after that.
    10-22-09 01:30 PM
    Thanks guys. My phone is working now. And it has the best click ever with no paper or anything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 03:13 PM
    Thank you for the Info...Back in Business now!
    10-28-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD