Okay, so in the past month or two I've started to noticed that on an intermediate basis, the touchscreen will simply go crazy and misread my finger's location or only detect my finger on part of the surface. I've gone from .122 to .148 to now .152 with the problem remaining.

Now the bad news. I went to Verizon and because I got this phone from my former job and transferred it to a personal account when I was laid off they say the warranty is now void and they will not replace it. So basically I want to try and fix it and If I can't I would rather take my money to another carrier and get a different smart phone.

I posted a youtube video of the problem, the problem happens randomly, but often appears to happen after the phone is pressed to my ear or in my pocket.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9PbmuapBw (Can't post the full link due to this being my first post)
    08-22-09 01:07 PM
    I would say download the official .148 from Verizon, downgrade your phone, and take it to another store and they will replace it under warranty.
    08-22-09 01:39 PM
    The problem is also that the problem is intermediate, and so whenever I step foot into a Verizon store the phone seems to work fine.
    08-22-09 02:19 PM
    The problem is also that the problem is intermediate, and so whenever I step foot into a Verizon store the phone seems to work fine.
    So? They are not about to call you a liar. Just take it back and tell them it's an intermittent, not intermediate problem. They should replace it for you. Or you can get a torx screwdriver and try adjusting the screen yourself.
    08-22-09 02:23 PM
    If you want to see if the torx will fix this, next time it happens, just take off the back cover. If the screen reads your selections like normal without doing anything else, the torx screws just need to be adjusted.
    08-22-09 02:29 PM
    How did you upgrade your platform? I've been running .148 which has been the smoothest yet. I've read many posts about people installing/upgrading platforms and have had a variety of issues. My suggestion would be to backup contacts/files/apps w/ your BBDesktop Manager then install .148(or whichever u prefer) from [/url]na.blackberry.com/eng/support/devices/blackberrystorm.jsp BlackBerry - Storm Help - BlackBerry Storm 9530 Support, which of course is from the official BB website. Don't get me wrong...I'm addicted to crackberry.com and use MANY 3rd party apps, but I've experienced/read that using unofficial platforms suck! This'll give you a fresh start in a sense. Give it a shot 'n' see.
    I'm surprised Verizon is being a**holes...I had my 1st Storm totally crap out w/ the "Error: 507" problem which is when you get a blank white screen and ALL of everything on the phone disappears. Verizon swapped it w/ no probs, no questions. I def. wouldn't suggest another smartphone considering the Storm is the ONLY phone where you can change your theme(s) to personalize or give MANY types of new looks, as well as a plethora of 3rd party apps you can find right here, or BlackBerry App World. Besides the Storm 2 is gonna be on it's way soon and be way better...for details/pics, check it out in these forums!
    Sorry for bein' wordy, but I'd hate to see you stray away from BlackBerry. Dude, it sux reading about people having problems w/ their Storm. I've had smooth sailing...the only reason I got the "Error: 507" is because I screwed up!
    Anywayz, hope this helps. If not, and u don't receive any other feedback...I'd get in somebody's *** at Verizon. Keep on "Crackberry-ing"
    Last edited by xwhite_rabbitx; 09-04-09 at 05:12 AM.
    08-22-09 02:35 PM
    I would say download the official .148 from Verizon, downgrade your phone, and take it to another store and they will replace it under warranty.
    So if I come in without downgrading, has anyone ever been called out for trying to get their phone repaired?
    08-22-09 05:29 PM
    So if I come in without downgrading, has anyone ever been called out for trying to get their phone repaired?
    having a non official OS on your phone does NOT void your warranty. They just wont support it if you need assistance with something software related. Hardware wise, your fine. They shouldnt give you any crap.
    08-22-09 06:25 PM
    No they can't tell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 06:29 PM
    No they can't tell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    well, they can tell but most of them dont bother checking and those that do dont really care.
    08-22-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD