Can anyone tell me what the point is if I don't need my vzw sim in oder for my phone to work? But on the other hand can I use my vzw sim on any unlocked phone and have the phone functional on the vzw networl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 08:58 PM
    I believe the Sim is so that you can use it on other networks in other countries.
    06-13-09 08:59 PM
    The Storm is a GSM phone allowing you to use it in any country outside of the US.

If you're traveling to Europe, for example, you may go to their cell service and purchase a sim card which you can install into your BB Storm. This will allow you to use the Storm there.
    06-13-09 09:12 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the point is if I don't need my vzw sim in oder for my phone to work? But on the other hand can I use my vzw sim on any unlocked phone and have the phone functional on the vzw networl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, another phone won't function on Verizon's network with the SIM card. And you don't need the SIM card in your Storm unless you are traveling outside of the Verizon network.
    06-13-09 09:14 PM
    The Storm is a GSM phone allowing you to use it in any country outside of the US.

If you're traveling to Europe, for example, you may go to their cell service and purchase a sim card which you can install into your BB Storm. This will allow you to use the Storm there.
    You can use another SIM (purchased) only if you have the Storm unlocked!
    06-13-09 09:15 PM
    the stock SIM is provided by vodafone, a european GSM provider who is also a part owner of verizon wireless. if/when you travel out of the U.S. the phone will allow you to roam on the other GSM networks (if CDMA is not available). the benefit is you keep your phone number, and get all of your emails. VZW provides an int'l data plan so you get one flat rate, but you'll be charged roaming rate for calls and sms/mms.

basically the provided SIM only benefits you if you leave the U.S. and want to use your phone.
    06-13-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD