Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-08-08 at 02:01 AM.
    10-08-08 01:50 AM
    Rogers + VZW = ?
    10-08-08 01:59 AM
    That carpet is really ugly
    10-08-08 02:03 AM
    Besides the carpet lmao!!, Rogers browser icons.
    10-08-08 02:05 AM
    Yea Bla1ze, now that I look at it, there is something odd there with the Rogers Mall Wap icon. It also looks like that storm was not put back together properly.
    10-08-08 02:12 AM
    The device is either roaming on Rogers and therefore showing their icons on it..or this is just some further information about it actually showing up on Rogers.

I'm not stating a case either way, just that it's odd to see some Rogers icons on the device.
    10-08-08 02:16 AM
    The device is either roaming on Rogers and therefore showing their icons on it..or this is just some further information about it actually showing up on Rogers.

I'm not stating a case either way, just that it's odd to see some Rogers icons on the device.
    This is WACKED!! Rogers is GSM thus cannot have 1XEV (which is connection for CDMA) showing as connection. And why would Rogers have Verizon's logo as background and not their own?

The only explanations for me is, this is a Verizon device roaming on a Rogers SIM card in Canada?

I thought with "World Phones" the GSM chip does not work with networks within North America? Does that mean I can just go to Telus to buy a storm and pop in my Rogers' sim card?
    Last edited by tacsniper; 10-08-08 at 02:23 AM.
    10-08-08 02:19 AM
    Besides the carpet lmao!!, Rogers browser icons.
    Just pop a Rogers SIM in there and you'll get them....
    10-08-08 02:20 AM
    This is WACKED!! Rogers is GSM thus cannot have 1XEV (which is connection for CDMA) showing as connection. And why would Rogers have Verizon's logo as background and not their own?

The only explanations for me is, this is a Verizon device roaming on a Rogers SIM card in Canada?
    The connection thing is what I said as well...we know it can use GSM/EDGE, but would the 1XEV still show up or would it actually show a GSM/EDGE..I honestly don't know.
    10-08-08 02:22 AM
    Just pop a Rogers SIM in there and you'll get them....
    But still show a 1XEV signal? I know popping a Rogers SIM in there has the same result, it don't explain the signal being shown.
    10-08-08 02:23 AM
    I thought with "World Phones" the GSM chip does not work with networks within North America? Does that mean I can just go to Telus to buy a storm and pop in my Rogers' sim card?

Like you know how the Telus' 8830 will not let you use the GSM network within North America...
    10-08-08 02:23 AM
    But still show a 1XEV signal? I know popping a Rogers SIM in there has the same result, it don't explain the signal being shown.
    Yes you're correct. But I *think* you don't have to be connected to the network for them to show up. It might be something on the SIM card actually.

Also, if that is not the case, they might have stayed there AFTER it was taken to EVDO mode from GSM.

Keeep in mind that these are R&D models, and not half as locked up /finalized as public models would be
    10-08-08 02:28 AM

Like you know how the Telus' 8830 will not let you use the GSM network within North America...
    YES.
    Storm has North American GSM. You will not get 3G on Rogers though.

Provided Telus let's you unlock it though!
    10-08-08 02:29 AM
    Yes you're correct. But I *think* you don't have to be connected to the network for them to show up. It might be something on the SIM card actually.

Also, if that is not the case, they might have stayed there AFTER it was taken to EVDO mode from GSM.

Keeep in mind that these are R&D models, and not half as locked up /finalized as public models would be
    Well, ya your absolutely correct on the R&D part of it...but I have never had a Rogers blackberry have the icons on it with just a SIM...unless like you said, it registered on the network and then they just hung around, but if that was the case it wouldn't be "roaming" per sey, it would have been registered on a Rogers BIS accnt in order to push the service books.

Meh, I'm tired and my brain hurts anyways..whatever it is..it looks funny to me lmao!!
    10-08-08 02:37 AM
    Well, ya your absolutely correct on the R&D part of it...but I have never had a Rogers blackberry have the icons on it with just a SIM...unless like you said, it registered on the network and then they just hung around, but if that was the case it wouldn't be "roaming" per sey, it would have been registered on a Rogers BIS accnt in order to push the service books.

Meh, I'm tired and my brain hurts anyways..whatever it is..it looks funny to me lmao!!
    Well actually a lot of cell phone pop up with a "services" menu based on the SIM card that is in them. No need to be connected to the network. This could be one of them. Of course, the phone has to be unbranded, like this one is.
    10-08-08 02:41 AM
    maybe it just shows the 'world phone' capabilities of the 9530, and also what carpet not to choose
    10-08-08 02:42 AM

In GSM mode, it would show GSM

Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-08-08 at 03:08 AM.
    10-08-08 03:05 AM
    ^^ not activated with BIS/BES
    10-08-08 03:11 AM
    Not real..lol, whats your point? Would you like me to activate it? lmao.. it's a simulator to show the actions the device would take when a "global" SIM was inputted (no real relevance to a REAL activation) like ya said some services are built into the SIM. I'm still not sold on this device, I need play time in hands to get a feel for it, but it's got looks that's for sure
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-08-08 at 03:38 AM.
    10-08-08 03:14 AM
    Just because there's a SIM in the phone and there's services activated with that SIM from the respective carrier, doesn't mean the phone has to be active on that carrier's network. If the service book exists, the icon will show up, even if the network is not connected.

Does your browser icon go away when you turn off your network connections? No. Same thing here I believe.
    10-08-08 11:12 AM
    Not real..lol, whats your point? Would you like me to activate it? lmao.. it's a simulator to show the actions the device would take when a "global" SIM was inputted (no real relevance to a REAL activation) like ya said some services are built into the SIM. I'm still not sold on this device, I need play time in hands to get a feel for it, but it's got looks that's for sure
    I missed your point there entirely. But yeah.. also check "Network Manager"
    10-08-08 01:53 PM
    Based on the 1XEV connection the phone is on a CDMA network. The icons are just part of the theme and have nothing to do with what network the phone is on. Somebody at RIM has been playing with themes.
    10-08-08 07:23 PM
    whats wrong with that pic that its how old and ugly that iphone is how clean and sleek the Storm is
    10-08-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD