View Poll Results: Which is most important to you?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release the phone NOW...I'll deal with any lingering bugs

33 47.83%
  • Release the phone when RIM/Verizon is satisfied that the product is "done"

36 52.17%
    Was just reading the article posted from EETimes and I had a thought (they don't happen often so I try my best to get them written down somethere).

Which would YOU rather see...

RIM/Verizon getting the phone onto the market ASAP, warts and all? I know, everyone here is 9 years old (inside) and we want it now, Now, NOW!

RIM/Verizon takes the time they need to fix any lingering bugs and releases a more fully-realized product?
    10-23-08 10:15 AM
    Now now now!!!
    10-23-08 10:17 AM
    Take the time to fix everything............and then release it after the merger with alltel! That way I don't have to wait and listen to everyone brag about how great it is!
    10-23-08 10:19 AM
    To me no product releases perfect, some get close but there are always little bugs. So why not now! =)
    10-23-08 10:19 AM
    Here's something funny...it's MY poll and I voted, with a caveat.

Release it NOW (I want one SOOOO BAD!) but, be timely with the software updates.

I have a Palm Treo 700p. Buggy Verizon ROM. Took Palm like 2 years to release an update to fix some very basic problems. When the release came out...it crashed a ton of phones...caused all kinds of problems. They ended up pulling it back and putting up procedures on how to undo the ROM update. MONTHS later, they released the "revised" update. Was better but, still not great.

Looks like Apple is doing well with releasing many incremental software updates. I like that. Find a problem, fix it, and push out the update to everyone.

So, release it now Verizon but, don't forget about us...fix the problems and give us the software updates.
    10-23-08 10:25 AM
    ^ +1....i can deal with software updates. just make sure the hardware is solid and give me one!!!!!

NOW!!!!

Today!!!!

like....in the next 5 minutes!!!!
    10-23-08 10:40 AM
    No...wait for the bugs to crawl out.
    10-23-08 10:43 AM
    If the bugs it has now is anything like what the Bold went through, it might be worth waiting a little longer.
    10-23-08 12:59 PM
    To tell verizon to release it now would be like knowing your wife caught the crab$ by sitting on a public toilet and saying "I can take care of the crabs later have sex with me now". No! Fix it first! Fix the known problems and if something you didn't catch slips out later send an update but if you know about before hand fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 01:21 PM
    having to sort out all the issues with everyones new phones when they are released too early myself, i would rather them wait and release it when it is ready.
    10-23-08 01:23 PM
    I'll take a toy today and a patch tomorrow any day.
    10-23-08 01:28 PM
    They would never do it, but yeah, release the phone to people who know that they will need to update their handheld software.
    10-23-08 01:32 PM
    To tell verizon to release it now would be like knowing your wife caught the crab$ by sitting on a public toilet and saying "I can take care of the crabs later have sex with me now". No! Fix it first! Fix the known problems and if something you didn't catch slips out later send an update but if you know about before hand fix it.

lol, gross although i agree with you to some extent
    10-23-08 01:33 PM
    lol, gross although i agree with you to some extent
    Appreciate it. We have to be responsible. Have the talk. "look verizon, I love you and everything but with you and I both knowing about these bugs you got crawling around we can't make this happen YET. Handle that and then we can make it happen."

10-23-08 01:38 PM
    nice comparison
    10-23-08 03:58 PM
    Imo, it's important to take reasonable time to get rid of the superbugs before releasing to market. I'd rather invest in a product that's been refined than one that's been rushed to market (and may have serious bugs).

10-23-08 04:44 PM
    I think RIM and VZW should get the phone right before releasing it. I've waited as long as anybody and to me, its like what is a few more weeks if they get the phone perfect.

Then again, I dont let what the critics say effect me. BGR say's it has a laggy screen and OS...oh well. Im still buying one even if the screen is laggy at release.
    10-30-08 07:33 AM
    Did your wife tell you she got those crabs from a public toilet? Some people are so......nevermind. Jk

10-30-08 08:32 AM
    Look - first and foremost, the phone has to work as advertised. I don't want it just to have it if it's buggy - that would make it a PITA to use...
    10-30-08 08:49 AM
    Fix it first. We have all been waiting why not wait a little longer for a more superior berry.

10-30-08 09:55 AM
    Make sure its a solid phone, hardware and software both. We all have went this long without a storm, what is a few more weeks.
    10-30-08 09:00 PM
    It does RIM and Verizon absolutely no good to release a product before it is technically acceptable to a consumer. Premature release of a product will amount to nothing but heartache and an overload of returned phones with mad as **** customers. As a person who will have to pay full retail price for a Storm, I want the smoothest product RIM and Verizon can put out. Of course there will be a few bugs...there always is with new technology a la Microsoft and the ridiculously flawed Xbox 360 launch units...but as the long as the phone fulfills its purpose to the consumer a few flaws can be overlooked.
    10-30-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD