What's the different between 9530 n 9500? Can u use 9530 outside US?? Need reply ASAP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 07:42 AM
    You can use the 9550 any where you use the 9530.
    12-24-09 07:47 AM
    The 9500 is gsm based only where as the 9530 has the dual radio and can be used on cdma and gsm (when unlocked) and can be used outside the us on other gsm networks.

12-24-09 07:55 AM
    IN order to use it outside of the US, you will need to get it unlocked and then you will need to acquire a SIM card incorporating the features you want for the carrier you will be using while out of the US.
    12-24-09 11:43 AM
    woohoooo!! thanks for the reply guys!! i got my storm now!!
    12-24-09 12:15 PM
    Rang dude I feel sorry for you. I would hate to just now have a storm I mean u have it at the momen And I have had a bold curve and pearl and storm is the worst one of them all I hate it use you 30 days and get the droid that's what I'm going with. TAKE MY ADVICE

12-24-09 01:03 PM
    ok. Well at the moment I really lovin it. Its hard to get used to typing on the S1 keyboard since my last device was javelin lol. But hey, I really dunno how to express it. Given that it doesn't have wifi, but its not a big deal lol. Let see after 30 days, what's gonna happen to my storm. Thanks for sharing your experience

12-24-09 01:10 PM
    That was a great reply to the negative comment. Make up your own mind. We all have different likes and dislikes and well as different needs and wants from our phones.

I have my Storm, the original, for ever a year now and I like it very much. It does what I need and more.
    12-24-09 04:53 PM
    What's the different between 9530 n 9500? Can u use 9530 outside US?? Need reply ASAP

HI, I took my storm on a trip in June to Northern Europe, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Russia, Poland, Sweden, Estonia. All I did was have Verizon enable the international calling and data for a total of $15, and the storm worked great the whole time, just like I was at home. Switched back and forth between GSM and CDMA seamlessly. Very happy with the connectivity and the service, price was reasonable as well.
    12-24-09 07:20 PM
    That was a great reply to the negative comment. Make up your own mind. We all have different likes and dislikes and well as different needs and wants from our phones.

I have my Storm, the original, for ever a year now and I like it very much. It does what I need and more.
    For all the haters there are plenty of is that really like our S1s. This guy included. Couldn't be happier!

CB

12-24-09 10:50 PM
    alright..last i night i just updated my storm using lyrical's hybrid. now my storm is running .328/428....the popup keys are back, and most importantly less/no memory leaks. typing is seamless and everything seems responsive. i havent do any stress test yet on my media player (coz last time i played the whole Cars movie on my javeline,the phone hanged lol).

i just wanna express...THANK YOU TO YOU GUYS!!!! i love my storm i love my storm!!
    12-26-09 01:12 AM
    The 9500 is gsm based only where as the 9530 has the dual radio and can be used on cdma and gsm (when unlocked) and can be used outside the us on other gsm networks.

yes my phone is already unlocked. im only wonder the difference esepecially regarding the radio on both devices. well, im glad both devices can be used globally..thanks
    12-26-09 01:27 AM
    I had to edit the thread title, please remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    12-26-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD