What does BIS and BES mean? I'm reading on here that certain updates are available if you have one over the over? Is this correct? Also, how can I find out which one I have? This is all REALLY confusing for me...

Everyone is saying that there is this and that update but currently I don't know what to make of it.

My phone is on platform .82 and version .65. Is this the normal one that everyone has, or is there an update for me? And if there is an update (or when there WILL BE one) how will I be able to update it? Will the phone recognize that an update is out and direct me to an update screen?

So confusing...
    11-28-08 05:35 PM
    11-28-08 05:39 PM
    lol, you know it's getting bad in the 95xx forum when the "Founder" starts posting links.
    11-28-08 05:40 PM
    Haha, thank you for that link. I didn't know the acronyms but when I was trying to set up email it gave me those two options.

But, brace yourselves for another possibly "n00b" question. How the heck do I set up email on the blackberry. I tried making an account and I think it said something like there is an account within the phone or something...I don't know...more confusion...

And what about those updates??
    11-28-08 05:45 PM
    so BES is more secure and general for corporate/buisness use?

and BES would be for a personal user?
    11-28-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD