I went back to school (senior in HS) yesterday from Thanksgiving break, eager to show off my new storm. It was quite the opposite with many people though, but I can't say I blame them.

My one friend thinks it looks awesome. However, the majority of my friends seem to dislike it. Whenever they've tried it, it's been laggy and slow...which is most of the time. While the accelerometer is much better, it still lags at times while in applications and such. My one friend with a ****ty little $20 phone just laughed at the slowness of opening the text inbox. Another kid asked me how I liked it, and said that when he tried it at the store, it "wouldn't work."

I've been constantly defending this device since I've gotten it. I'm holding out though.
    12-03-08 11:15 PM
    Dont defend it. I know it may be hard to try and defend why your expensive "cutting edge" blackberry isn't all it should be yet, but give it time. Are you happy? That's all that counts. Everyone I work with seems to think it's pretty cool, only the one guy with an iphone thinks it sucks. Personally I'm asking a cell phone to be my desktop. I expect some issues.
    12-03-08 11:35 PM
    Jealousy!! Seriously, there is a lerning curve and it just takes an adjustment period.
    12-03-08 11:38 PM
    I have converted two people to the storm this week. I have been luck y though . . no lag.
    12-03-08 11:39 PM
    You are a very sad sad person, since when has owning a cell phone turned into a peeing contest. Oh and not to call you out but be happy with the fact that mom and dad are willing to buy you a phone and pay the bill, so be happy with what you got especially when its the latest Blackberry.
    12-03-08 11:39 PM
    all my friends who have iphones who have played with my Storm have really liked the click and wanted a click on their iphone
    12-03-08 11:40 PM
    Dont defend it. I know it may be hard to try and defend why your expensive "cutting edge" blackberry isn't all it should be yet, but give it time. Are you happy? That's all that counts. Everyone I work with seems to think it's pretty cool, only the one guy with an iphone thinks it sucks. Personally I'm asking a cell phone to be my desktop. I expect some issues.
    I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'm happy with it. Do I like it? Yes, definitely. I'm just not sure if it's enough yet, though. I love browsing (Opera Mini is about as fast as my computer..) but I just wish things would go a little faster. I powered up my Pearl today just for fun, and I was flying through the menus.
    12-03-08 11:41 PM
    I have converted two people to the storm this week. I have been luck y though . . no lag.
    I actually converted 3 people at my job all in one day lol...all of which have curves and are all figuring out a way to get an early upgrade
    12-03-08 11:42 PM
    oh, and i've gotten a lot of..."can your phone do <insert something here> like the iphone?
    12-03-08 11:43 PM
    You are a very sad sad person, since when has owning a cell phone turned into a peeing contest. Oh and not to call you out but be happy with the fact that mom and dad are willing to buy you a phone and pay the bill, so be happy with what you got especially when its the latest Blackberry.
    Haha, oh please. A peeing contest? I've never heard that terminology used before.

My mother and father did not buy me this device. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean I don't have money. I bought the phone with my own money, as I work 20 hours a week and have built up a decent savings account. I also contribute towards the monthly bill.

Don't jump to conclusions buddy, and please, don't try to insult my intelligence. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean I'm dumb.
    12-03-08 11:44 PM
    Haha, oh please. A peeing contest? I've never heard that terminology used before.

My mother and father did not buy me this device. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean I don't have money. I bought the phone with my own money, as I work 20 hours a week and have built up a decent savings account. I also contribute towards the monthly bill.

Don't jump to conclusions buddy, and please, don't try to insult my intelligence. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean I'm dumb.
    First of all I did not insult your intelligence, I simply stated that you should be thankful for the things you have and not complain because your phone is not as "cool" as you were hoping everyone would think it was. You should also realize that this is a blackberry not a toy. A blackberry is a business device at the end of the day, no matter how you market it. If you wanted to impress some other high-school kids with a phone that looks "hip" and doesn't accomplish a whole lot then you should have gotten an iphone.
    12-03-08 11:56 PM
    everyone I have showed it too thinks it's flashy and very cool, it's been a hit at my work. Even the I phone carriers thought it was a cool phone.
    12-04-08 12:10 AM
    Just take a photo of you flipping off your camera and send it to your iphone buddies. Once they get into their e-mail to see it, they'll be pissed. LOL
    12-04-08 12:14 AM
    I'm a junior in high school and pretty much everyone that's played with my phone fell into
    Major jealousy at first click. I haven't seen anyone else with it, and I'm constantly asked the infamous
    Question "omg does it reallly click?!". Its kind of fun and I'm loving the attention. Even my
    Managers at work play with my phone all day when were not even allowed to carry our phones
    With us. The only negetive feedback I got was from people with iphones and sidekicks who are
    In denial with the posibility of a phone being better then theirs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 12:16 AM
    oh, and i've gotten a lot of..."can your phone do <insert something here> like the iphone?

Haha me too actually...one guy saw everyone oogling over my phone so he was like "well can your phone do this" and whips out TV, I wanted to smack him. I'm like "TV? TV? wow enjoy Nickelodeon on your 2 inch screen" and than he was like "ya, well my phone can text message Indonesia, can yours?" I'm like wtf, why would I text message Indonesia!? It was this phone actually...

Samsung Eternity Cell Phone - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    12-04-08 12:16 AM
    ok so about the peeing contest thing seriously do you guys care that much.. about who else likes your phone

seriously

I bought the dang floral verizon silicone case because its the only one that covers the buttons that I can find.. so I am a typical guy running around the streets with a dang flower design on the back of my phone...

honestly speaking I could care less what other people think about my phone haha
    12-04-08 12:20 AM
    Most of the people that I showed it to thinks its the bomb...even my friend with the iphone sad it was hot...but there r haters out there n idiots as well...even though I told that it takes time to learn how to use this device they dismiss at once when they can't figure something simple out..lol..the people who I have to defend my phone the most from r dare n voyager users..wtf whatever I think they probably jus jealous though
    12-04-08 12:27 AM
    In my experience most people tend to like the phone alot, although their opinions change somewhat after they make a call or 2 and the touch screen clicks on mute, speaker phone, or contact page. I've had at least five or six friends have this problem. It happens for me and my daughter, she has a storm too, all the time and is getting frustrating. It's very hard to defend this issue as we don't even know if they will fix this, how they didn't put in a sensor is beyond me. However that said most people like the looks and like the touchscreen. Mine is pretty fast and not buggy at all so I'm lucky there but the click during a call issue is a deal breaker for some of my friends.
    12-04-08 03:12 AM
    Well after literally writing this post 4 times here's what ill say on the subject. To each his own. Big deal if people don't like the phone you use. I know its hard cause of peer pressure but we should like anything because we want it. Not for bragging rights or for positive reviews or anything of the sort. People will always have differing opinions. But its us that have to like whatever it is first. On a side note my sis didn't like the click screen but brother in law, cousin, and dad did. They love the storm. But nost importantly I love it.
    12-04-08 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD