I only have two requests or suggestions for the next release of the OS for the Storm:

1. Please allow for the contacts view to be cached/remembered so that if I am in the "L's" it will remember that location inside the list like on my 8830. A "Remember last" kind of setting so we do not start in the "A's" every time my contacts are opened please?

2. Scrolling through contacts could be improved. I love the scrolling effect in the *phone, it is fast and useful. The storm leaves much to be desired. Perhaps in the next release.

Current OS rev: .76 (US)

Anyone else?
    12-16-08 08:10 PM
    I would LOVE 640x480 video resolution from the camera, but i know that can't happen
    12-16-08 08:17 PM
    couple of things for the bedside mode:
    1. i would like to see the message icon on my bedside screen when i get a message.

2. when you snooze the alarm i would like to see the time and a countdown timer for the snooze.
    12-16-08 08:20 PM
    countdown timer for the snooze, never seen that before.
    why do you want a count down timer for the snooze?
    12-16-08 08:22 PM
    well if you have the snooze set for 10 minutes....then roll over after a few minutes i'd kinda like to know how much more time i have...

bbsmart alarm pro has a countdown snooze
    12-16-08 08:30 PM
    ahh, ive never owned a blackberry...bloody things seems to have more alarm clock features than my alarm clock.
    12-16-08 08:32 PM
    Faster faster faster! My phone is still on the slow side. Other than that I'd love camera fixes its very slow. Or perhaps menu buttons and call buttons aren't always responding quick as they should

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:33 PM
    - Fix the video camera so that it does not hang or display "unsupported format"
    - support for wallpaper display in lanscape mode and 1 row icon display like in portrait mode so you can see your wallpaper.
    - multple web brousers up at same time to allow for cut and paste between them
    - Desktop Manager support for Application backup and restore
    - A forced EXIT mode for apps so you do not have to do MENU CLOSE 4 times to get it to exit like in VZ Navigator or MUSIC
    - fix all the hangs, freezes, reboots, eratic displays of various apps.
    - quit turning the RADIO off for random unknown events.
    - Faster reboots. The million dollar unix sever with 256 GB memory and 5 terabytes of disk that I use reboots faster than this phone
    - fix the keyboard blue light-up to not hang as it does occasionally.
    - Generally make it work as advertised......I digress.....
    12-16-08 08:34 PM
    ahh, ive never owned a blackberry...bloody things seems to have more alarm clock features than my alarm clock.
    LOL. I think the countdown is a good idea. I wish my Voyager had it.
    1. Better functionality when tethering (I have to connect several times)
    2. "Lock Screen" function when talking on the phone
    3. Get rid of the memory leak
    4. Better speed dial system (like when in portrait mode - using the letter keys)
    5. Better quality music player - volume
    12-16-08 08:36 PM
    1. Lock phone while talking
    2. When pulled away from head in a convo it lights up and ready to use (yes like the iphone... there are a couple cool features)
    3. The acceleromoter not to move in locked.
    4. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... I would love to see a short cut like a favorites and put like the top 5-10 called people... i already have my speed dial programed but it messes up and the phone book is slow to always use for those like top 5 people you always call.

EDIT: For the shortcut... i mean even just a star icon on the home screen that you can press to take you to a list of names or pictures or whatever you designate to these people.
    12-16-08 08:40 PM
    - Fix the video camera so that it does not hang or display "unsupported format"
    - support for wallpaper display in lanscape mode and 1 row icon display like in portrait mode so you can see your wallpaper.
    - multple web brousers up at same time to allow for cut and paste between them
    - Desktop Manager support for Application backup and restore
    - A forced EXIT mode for apps so you do not have to do MENU CLOSE 4 times to get it to exit like in VZ Navigator or MUSIC
    - fix all the hangs, freezes, reboots, eratic displays of various apps.
    - quit turning the RADIO off for random unknown events.
    - Faster reboots. The million dollar unix sever with 256 GB memory and 5 terabytes of disk that I use reboots faster than this phone
    - fix the keyboard blue light-up to not hang as it does occasionally.
    - Generally make it work as advertised......I digress.....

all this and more...
    12-16-08 08:41 PM
    You already can set it to 1 row on the home screen so you can see your wallpaper.

Southern5: Label your fav contacts with numbers. Example: "1 Home" or "2 John" etc and they will show up first on the contacts and then everyone else will still be alphabetical.
    12-17-08 07:10 AM
    1) Improved reception, My wifes Vodafone can get full 3G signal, Storm gets 3bars og GPRS
    2) Reduce the camera lag
    3) Some method of monitoring your call/data used
    12-17-08 07:29 AM
    1. Locked screen when on the telephone
    2. Hard reset (reboot) launcher icon from blackberry to avoid cover removal, battery pulls, and third party apps. Although a general updated to eliminate the frequent need would be nice.
    3. Option to properly delete (or move to SC Card) the stock wallpapers and ring tones to free up space.
    4. Software fix to avoid memory leak. Always seems to diminish as the day progresses.
    5. Higher allocation to "Application Memory" would certainly increase speed and performance.
    6. Allow users to check or un-check nonessential optional items to be installed via device manager
    7. Tab feature added to blackberry browser !!!! Huge feature.
    8. Get whatever design change is required to make the click screen work as advertised for everyone completed - right out of the box. After all this is the biggest selling feature of the Storm!

There is hope as most wish list items are available with software updates!
    12-17-08 07:57 AM
    1) I want to be able to have custom ringtones and yet when I set the phone on vibrate, it will actually vibrate instead ringing. I've even created the custom profile that was suggested, but even though the phone won't ring when called from these people, if I get a text it sure sounds off!

2) Faster camera. In spite of the setting changes people have suggested, it still is way too slow to actually take pictures of my ever-moving kids! Oh, and I hate the fact that I have to focus, then click, then the screen goes black/then white, then I hear a 'click' and the flash goes off, THEN I finally see if the picture is worth keeping...

3) A faster way to close out music instead of menu/close several times!
    12-17-08 08:12 AM
    I only have two requests or suggestions for the next release of the OS for the Storm:

1. Please allow for the contacts view to be cached/remembered so that if I am in the "L's" it will remember that location inside the list like on my 8830. A "Remember last" kind of setting so we do not start in the "A's" every time my contacts are opened please?
    Don't know if this would help you at all but you can set your call log to display your most frequently used numbers first in the list. Since there are only a few people that I constantly call, I use my default screen as the call log and then all of my most used numbers are there at the top (instead of having to scroll through the contacts list all the time). If you were constantly calling someone in the L's maybe this could be a temporary fix since their number would always be at the top or near the top.
    12-17-08 08:12 AM
    Screen calibration utility
    12-17-08 08:17 AM
    I'm not going to repeat anything that has already been said so I will just add to it:

1. I want the ability to turn off the unnecessary transition effects that slow down the UI.

2. Fix the accelerometer. Sometimes it doesn't react to turning the device on it's side, while other times it will be tilted the slightest bit and switch when I don't want it to. The iphone's accelerometer seems much better. Hopefully this is just a software issue.
    Last edited by CNUFijiBluSi; 12-17-08 at 08:22 AM.
    12-17-08 08:19 AM

2. Scrolling through contacts could be improved. I love the scrolling effect in the *phone, it is fast and useful. The storm leaves much to be desired. Perhaps in the next release.

Current OS rev: .76 (US)

Anyone else?

i'm with you on remembering where you were in contacts list. that is soo annoying.
    12-17-08 08:42 AM
    Lock screen while on call: I found if you press the return button (arrow) it will ask you if you want to return to the home screen. Choose yes and it will fade out at your preset interval. No more pressing buttons with your ear/cheek.

Anyway....

I want speed dial icons to put in a folder!!! For that matter, speed everything, SMS, BB Messenger, email......this is driving me crazy. Calling someone on this thing is a pain. Too many selections to make!!
    12-17-08 08:45 AM
    I was just showing it off to a freind before going to see TDTESS, he was enjoying my frustration with the crappy scrolling in any menu. This cannot compete with the iPhone. I still love this device, it is such a leap forward in the right direction.
    12-17-08 09:08 PM
    1. Fix the camera....really slow
    2. Lock the screen when talking on the phone
    3. Make the ring and vibrate occur at the same time when a call or text message comes in
    4. Fix the all vibrate feature
    5. Make the screen turn on whenever a phone call or text message comes in
    6. Make the screen default in the portrait position when answering a phone call so that the answer button will always be on the bottom of the phone. tired of using the green button.
    7. automatically unlock the phone when a phone call or text message comes in and when it is taken out of the sleep holster.
    8. A better scroll like the Dare or *phone
    9. Have a better way to close or exit progams rather than having to press the escape key until the program closes.
    10. Dim the bedside mode more than it is

These are my top 10 wish list!!!
    12-18-08 06:20 PM
    The biggest thing for me is definitely the lock during the call but I want to take it further (farther? I never remember!) and have the lock button enable standby as it did on my 8830. REALLY miss this feature!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 06:33 PM
113 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD