I just got my replacement in the mail today. My original phone barely clicks in the lower left hand corner in portrait and it had some other issues. The replacement screen clicks overall good, is fine in the lower left corner, but it's a little iffy in the lower right hand corner in portrait. I find that I click a lot more often in the lower left corner, than I do in the lower right(very rarely actually). So would you keep the replacement, or send it back and try for another?
    01-13-09 02:42 PM
    why don't you try the fixes people have came up with, card behind the battery trick. Or unscrewing the trox screw a bit on either side. I personally had the same issue. I did the business card trick which worked but i didnt want that back there. so i tried the unscrewing the torx screw (each one) just a LITTLE and it made my screen feel like new. Don't keep sending back phones, i think u will just keep having the same problem. Good luck and let us know.
    01-13-09 02:45 PM
    its a 700 dollar phone, you should not have any issues with it period. Those should have been worked out before they started producing the phone. If you are unhappy, send it back. I'm going to if mine is like this. I just received mine today and the bottom right in portrait orientation seems to not click so well.
    01-13-09 02:55 PM
    I would head over to the local verizon store and get a new one myself. No need to settle at this point since the holiday extension still doesnt end for two more days.
    01-13-09 02:59 PM
    Can't you just go into the Verizon store, explain your problem and have them open a few boxes and pick one. Getting 4-5 replacements is crazy. I think at some point you either accept or move on. Just my two cents.
    01-13-09 03:01 PM
    dmx, I don't want to keep sending them back. I just walked in from work about a half hour ago and I've been playing with the replacement, and really the only thing wrong is the lower right corner so I think I'm going to stick with this one and send my original back.

budlight, you're completely right, but unfortunately it seems like the vast majority of the storm owners on this forum are having at least one problem with their phone, which is really a shame. The way I look at it is just keep the one with less problems

Also, I noticed with the replacement there wasn't a browser shortcut, or the facebook and few other shortcuts in the applications folder. Will this change once I have verizon activate the phone? thanks for all replies

edit-to the 2 others, I went in the verizon store to talk to them about getting a replacement and the customer service guy said they had to ship it to me, I couldn't just walk out with it(this was last week).
    Last edited by ckos9; 01-13-09 at 03:05 PM.
    01-13-09 03:02 PM
    its a 700 dollar phone, you should not have any issues with it period. Those should have been worked out before they started producing the phone. If you are unhappy, send it back. I'm going to if mine is like this. I just received mine today and the bottom right in portrait orientation seems to not click so well.
    I don't know who you're buying from but mine only cost $200
    01-13-09 03:03 PM
    he means the retail price of the phone is 700$. If you have a upgrade avalible or if you sign up for new service you can get it for 250 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate, my work got me mine, we had a upgrade with 100 dollar credit somehow, so after the rebate they paid 100 bucks for my storm.

But as stated i would make them give you a new one till they get it right. I have one it is great, i would not want to have a phone for any amount of time and be disappointed with it.
    01-13-09 03:14 PM
    its a 700 dollar phone, you should not have any issues with it period. Those should have been worked out before they started producing the phone.
    You seem to have no idea how manufacturing works. It's by no means perfect, regardless of the price you pay for it. And also, it's not a $700 phone.
    Last edited by mdude85; 01-13-09 at 03:45 PM.
    01-13-09 03:41 PM
    I ordered my phone through verizons website, if i have problems with my screen can i take it back to a verizon store or do i have to deal with phone support?

Thanks
    01-13-09 03:41 PM
    the torx/shim trick takes about 5 minutes to do, while getting a replacement is usually a headache and a huge waste of time.

There are phones out there with bigger problems such as dust. If i was you, i would keep the one you have now for a few days and if it doesnt develop dust problem, just do the torx trick.
    01-13-09 03:44 PM
    what is the dust problem refering to? Is it a bad seal between the glass we push on and the LCD screen?
    01-13-09 03:47 PM
    he means the retail price of the phone is 700$. If you have a upgrade avalible or if you sign up for new service you can get it for 250 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate, my work got me mine, we had a upgrade with 100 dollar credit somehow, so after the rebate they paid 100 bucks for my storm.
    Verizon charges $500 for the phone only with no contract. Only place I know of that charges or charges up the wazoo is Best Buy with no contract and only stupid people would do that.
    01-13-09 03:52 PM
    what is the dust problem refering to? Is it a bad seal between the glass we push on and the LCD screen?
    There are many threads on the dust issue.
    01-13-09 03:53 PM
    I'm still on my launch phone. my screen had clicking issues. but I'm not anal like so many people here seem to be regarding this issue. Well lemme tell you as time has passed my launch phone has gotten a million times better. clicking problem went away on its own and now works excellently..
    Last edited by nate8u; 01-13-09 at 04:02 PM.
    01-13-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD