So for those who are interested in getting a Storm 2 but are still under the 2yr contract with Verizon on the Storm 1, does anything think they will do what AT&T did with the iPhone and allow people to switch?
    08-03-09 12:02 PM
    very doubtful,have to wait and see,imo...
    08-03-09 12:10 PM
    yeah gunna have to go with a no on that one.. lol
    08-03-09 12:31 PM
    Well......I bet you could.
    08-03-09 12:37 PM
    In a word... no. This despite the fact that I'm eligible for a replacement just before Xmas this year.

No matter. I wouldn't run out and get the Storm 2 (or any other device) immediately upon release anyway. Based on all the issues the 9530 had at release, that would be senseless. If I decide to go S2 I'll certainly wait a while (my S1 is working just fine and isn't causing me any issues) and see how it's being received before making the decision.
    08-03-09 12:43 PM
    I would hope so. It would keep the ones that are not satisfied with the first one under contract. Besides isn't all about the $$$$
    08-03-09 12:44 PM
    Many will qualify for an Annual Upgrade which is 2 year pricing minus the NE2 discount, for an extention of their contract for an additional 2 years. They will probably be liberal in letting people do it, if they are even close to qualifying. BUT we shall see.
    08-03-09 12:55 PM
    I would hope so. It would keep the ones that are not satisfied with the first one under contract. Besides isn't all about the $$$$
    So I should be able to trade in my 2009 model car for the 2010 model car?

Get real. Att shouldn't have let iphone users do what they did. Would I like a Storm 2 at the upgrade price? sure. But I am certainly not owed that by Verizon. They give you 30 days after buying the phone to decide if its right for you. That's more than enough time. New and better things are always going to come out, that's the way the world works.
    08-03-09 12:57 PM
    So for those who are interested in getting a Storm 2 but are still under the 2yr contract with Verizon on the Storm 1, does anything think they will do what AT&T did with the iPhone and allow people to switch?
    If your under a year in your storm=NO. If you have half of your two year under your belt you can get a 1 year contract price for upgrade including a year extention.
    08-03-09 12:58 PM
    Just talk to a CSR over the phone and see what they can do. If the first one cant do anything call back and talk to another one. I have been turned down by one to latter call back and talk to another who was more than willing to give me an upgrade for the 2 year price even though I was roughly only a year into my 2 year contract. They have the power to make it happen you just have to find the right one.
    08-03-09 01:03 PM
    I am pretty sure that if you kicked up enough of a fuss, had a "good" enough account and were in the ball park of the upgrade they would work with you on it and do something. Same way as when you always call to cancel they give you that "teaser"
    08-03-09 01:13 PM
    You could always sell your storm and use the money toward upgrading it. It would be as close as you would get to getting a discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:18 PM
    If you do the 30-day option and elect to not go with the Storm 2 and go back to the original Storm, is your contract still extended for the 2 additional years? Or does it go back to being one year left on the contract?

I guess this is something a CSR could answer, but heck you get different answers with different CSRs.
    08-03-09 01:24 PM
    Surely you all jest. Verizon? Helpful? If you're on the last year of your contract with about six months to go ... maybe. I would highly doubt they'll give you a break on the Storm 2. Beside, I'm running .151 with lyricial's hybrid and shrink-os and this phone is awesome. I no longer wish for the Curve. Best phone I've ever had, now.
    08-03-09 01:27 PM
    Be careful ...I asked this question a few weeks ago and I am still burning from the conflagration !
    08-03-09 01:31 PM
    Surely you all jest. Verizon? Helpful? If you're on the last year of your contract with about six months to go ... maybe. I would highly doubt they'll give you a break on the Storm 2. Beside, I'm running .151 with lyricial's hybrid and shrink-os and this phone is awesome. I no longer wish for the Curve. Best phone I've ever had, now.
    I concur....however I'm not the biggest fan of the click. I could go faster. Without as much movement (that's what she said) in the screen

08-03-09 01:41 PM
    I also agree with this. The .151 with the Lricidal Shrink-Os makes this phone like night and day from the standard .148
    08-03-09 01:44 PM
    Many will qualify for an Annual Upgrade which is 2 year pricing minus the NE2 discount, for an extention of their contract for aqn additional 2 years. They will probably be liberal in letting people do it, if they are even close to qualifying. BUT we shall see.
    Everyone seems to forget about this option.
    08-03-09 01:44 PM
    Why the **** do people even ask this???

You get 30 days to see if you like the phone. That is more than enough time to try it out and return it if you hate it.

The storm came out nearly a year ago... of course a new version will be out. Does not mean you have the right to get the new one.

If you had a business, would you give away all your stock?
    08-03-09 01:47 PM
    Well after being a VZW customer since '92, my money says nope they won't. No money in it for them if they offer us "testers" of the Storm something for all of our problems. The time spent with Tech Support, I am on my 4th Storm so my time for reinstalling all of the software etc.
    08-03-09 02:03 PM
    from what I have seen, they just might let current storm owners buy the storm 2 at a discount for 2 different reasons:

1) i have personally gone with 3 current storm owners into a verizon store (3 different stores i will add) and they allowed all 3 to buy a new Tour at the discounted price - all 3 had signed new 2 yr agreements back when the storm came out. All of the reps pretty much said the same thing "there are a lot of unhappy storm owners out there so we want to keep them happy and keep them on verizon"

2) this is another possible route for storm owners to get a storm2... i am personally on my 4th storm - 1st had screen click issue (lost its click), 2nd had a bad mic, 3rd had screen click issue (lost its "click"). When on the phone for the problem with the 3rd storm they offered for me to upgrade to a different phone at no charge (it was 5 days before the Tour came out so i could not get that) but i still loved the storm so wanted #4. They did tell me that if i have another issue that they would offer to replace it with another BB or smartphone. So that leads me to believe that if i replace my storm # 4 after the storm2 comes out i just might get the storm2 for free... only time will tell!
    08-03-09 02:06 PM
    Be careful ...I asked this question a few weeks ago and I am still burning from the conflagration !
    SKINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry I couldn't resist )
    08-03-09 02:53 PM
    In a word... no. This despite the fact that I'm eligible for a replacement just before Xmas this year.

No matter. I wouldn't run out and get the Storm 2 (or any other device) immediately upon release anyway. Based on all the issues the 9530 had at release, that would be senseless. If I decide to go S2 I'll certainly wait a while (my S1 is working just fine and isn't causing me any issues) and see how it's being received before making the decision.
    It never hurts to wait but comparing S2 realease to S1 is t the same. The S1 was a new concept and a new platform. The S2 will sport enchancements and lessons learned built into the product the latest products. First gen products are always terrible compared to the follow on. What amazes me is BB is still supporting the storm 1. That is awesome!

=X=

08-03-09 03:02 PM
    from what I have seen, they just might let current storm owners buy the storm 2 at a discount for 2 different reasons:

1) i have personally gone with 3 current storm owners into a verizon store (3 different stores i will add) and they allowed all 3 to buy a new Tour at the discounted price - all 3 had signed new 2 yr agreements back when the storm came out. All of the reps pretty much said the same thing "there are a lot of unhappy storm owners out there so we want to keep them happy and keep them on verizon"

Yep, I'll 2nd this. My wife was tired of the touchscreen Storm and loved my Tour I got for work, so we went into the VZW store expecting to pay full retail (I was just going to sell her Storm). The lady asked if she was unhappy with her current phone b/c she had only had it for about 5 months, and my wife said she just didn't like the Storm and wanted a physical keyboard back. A couple of clicks later the lady actually just exchanged it under the 30 day warranty. No $$$, no contract extension. Just swapped it out, and out the door with a shiny new Tour. I was blown away. (And my wife has only been a customer with VZW for about 3 years.)
    08-03-09 03:05 PM
    Yep, I'll 2nd this. My wife was tired of the touchscreen Storm and loved my Tour I got for work, so we went into the VZW store expecting to pay full retail (I was just going to sell her Storm). The lady asked if she was unhappy with her current phone b/c she had only had it for about 5 months, and my wife said she just didn't like the Storm and wanted a physical keyboard back. A couple of clicks later the lady actually just exchanged it under the 30 day warranty. No $$$, no contract extension. Just swapped it out, and out the door with a shiny new Tour. I was blown away. (And my wife has only been a customer with VZW for about 3 years.)
    Really?? That's crazy. I'm undecided on the Tour. I'm not sure how I'd like typing on it after finally getting adjusted to the Storm. The keys on the Tour seem too close together.
    08-04-09 10:49 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD