Whats up guys. I know this has been covered some, but I cannot figure out how some people have storms that last 2-3 days and I have one that cannot make it through the day.

Here are my stats:

Brightness: 10%
    Timeout: 10%
    Phone calls: Less than an hour a day
    Texts: 50 or so
    Email: 10-20 give or take, maybe 2-3 replies
    Browser: 30 min
    Phone is kept in a holster 95% of the day.

Its starting to get really annoying that I look down around lunch time and my phone is already at 40% or less. What on earth is the problem here?

I love my phone but the battery life is really frustrating. Any answers out there?
    03-15-09 08:16 PM
    Do you have GPS enabled? Or Weatherbug? There's a lot of other things going on than just what you posted, though, those are a good start to narrowing down the problem.
    03-15-09 08:27 PM
    probably depends on what your viewing in browser. I get 2-3 days with minor web browsing, heavy text/email, light phone. My settings are similar to yours.

I have heard that you shouldn't use the phone to let it completely charge for the first 24 hours or so. When I first got the phone I usually killed the battery in a day, but as I've gotten used to it, I can make it 3 days before requiring a charge.

Oh yeah, turn the GPS off... that will kill the battery real quick. Just turn it on when you need it.
    Last edited by dcsr23; 03-15-09 at 08:31 PM.
    03-15-09 08:29 PM
    Yea i did a little testing with the GPS on and off and my results were very similar. The only difference was that my phone was only a little less dead at the end of the day. Im using the browser strictly for news sites like cnn and fox news and I'm not looking at anything intensive.

I don't have weatherbug or anything that runs constantly besides the 5 main programs.

What do you mean by the first 24 hours or so? As in when I get it initially or as i charge it daily?
    03-15-09 08:36 PM
    Actually I had a problem the first couple days with that device too. After like 2-3 days it settled down. Doing a battery pull daily helped too.
    03-15-09 08:38 PM
    I have been averaging a pull a day, whether its needed or just because I wanna clear it up. I installed quickpull a couple weeks ago and have been using that instead.
    03-15-09 08:39 PM
    Batt life is also directly related to signal strength. I tend to travel a lot, with this said I can go 2-3, sometimes even 4, days on a charge when in good/great coverage areas. When home and at work, where the signal strength is quite low at both locations, one charge will last a day... maybe. Depending on what I'm doing on it.
    03-15-09 08:47 PM
    I have been averaging a pull a day, whether its needed or just because I wanna clear it up. I installed quickpull a couple weeks ago and have been using that instead.
    I never understood this. People say they want to save space so they delete stuff, and they download a program that does something that is incredibly easy to do.

Here's a question: Did you notice the battery drain after installing any particular app? Where was one that drained mine, deleted it hours later.
    03-15-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD