1 o_o

Have you seen me??? No, it's not the money I could be saving with GEICO...

I assume it's a notification of 1 something, but I can't find any unopened email, SMS, or MMS messages, voice mail, missed calls, unread weather alerts, etc... and I don't see this symbol listed in the Storm's manual.

The notification is over the Home Screen wallpaper, just under the time and date.

Thanks for any info. It's buggin' me!

Nashcat
    12-23-09 01:38 PM
    You have an un-listened to voice mail. Try checking that again.
    Then let us know one way or another.
    12-23-09 01:41 PM
    I mentioned that I had checked that. The symbol looks like film in a camera, maybe?
    12-23-09 01:44 PM
    Its the new voice mail icon. You said you've checked it. have you done a battery pull to try and clear it? If that doesn't help just call from another phone and leave a message. Then check it and delete it. Should solve the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 01:49 PM
    yeah, just leave yourself a new message and your phone will be updated with the new status then delete that message and it will be updated again.
    12-23-09 01:54 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Tried them all, but so far, no joy.
    12-23-09 02:08 PM
    I have seen that happen many times. What I have found to cause it is not listening to a message all the way through (until the computer prompts you for action) with out deleting it. The voice mail will tell you that you have no new messages but the BB will think that you do.

So, try either listening to the messages you have all the way through or deleting them. That always fixes it for me.
    12-23-09 02:11 PM
    Do you have any saved messages that could be causing this?
    12-23-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks, Wayne, but all messages have long ago been deleted. I'm pretty prompt in answering my phone, and it's rare that I receive a voice mail. I have Visual Voice Mail, and there aren't even any messages stored on the phone. *86 manually gives me no new messages, and there are also none stored in VZW's system.

As I mentioned before, the symbol looks to me like a film canister, but I'm old! m_craig said it's the new voice mail symbol...
    12-23-09 02:18 PM
    I had the same thing this morning. Found out it was a blackberry messenger update notification. go to app world and you will find it
    12-23-09 02:26 PM
    Don't have BBM installed. I have in the past, tho, but not for a while.
    12-23-09 02:28 PM
    That is the voice mail icon. Just as the other posters have said. I know it looks like a film canister but it doesn't change the fact that it is the voice mail icon. It looks pretty much the same on everyones phone.

12-23-09 08:56 PM
    Then how did it get there if I have NO voice mail, and why won't it go away?
    12-23-09 09:07 PM
    i have the same thing including visual voicemail and all my messages have been listened to as well. done battery pulls and it's still there.
    12-23-09 09:17 PM
    Found this by searching the internet:

I had VZW delete VV from my account... then the tech called my Storm and left a voicemail, I called in and deleted it... that cleared the voicemail icon... then we added the VV back onto the account.

worked like a charm!

And you have to do it in that order.

1. Delete VV from account
    2. Leave vmail, then delete vmail to clear notification icon.
    3. Add VV back to account.

If you do step 3 before doing step 2... it won't clear the notification icon. (we tried this)

Maybe that will help.

12-24-09 06:42 AM
    can you post a screenshot?
    12-24-09 07:02 AM
    It looks exactly like this:

1 o_o
    12-24-09 09:05 AM
    Accept it or not, that is the voicemail icon. Maybe you don't have any messages, but it doesn't change the fact that it is the VM icon. That icon stays on my Storm and Tour as long as the VM is still there (even if I have listened to it all the way through) and does not disappear until I press 7 to delete it.
    12-24-09 09:52 AM
    It's telling you that you need to put your phone back in your box, as well as all of the extra things that came with it, and then exchange your phone for a Razr or something equivalent.
    12-24-09 06:26 PM
    As m_craig suggested, VZW finally had to disable my VVM, then had me call *228 to reprogram the phone. The symbol was then gone. After using BBSAK to reinstall VVM everything was back to normal.

Thanks to those that tried to help. To the rest of you a ssholes (Neosurfer, Tifoso)... c'mon, why are you even hanging out here? Why don't you just go off somewhere alone and build a nice fire with the switches and coal you'll get for Christmas...
    12-24-09 06:57 PM
    Unread Voicemail
    12-24-09 07:15 PM
    Read the thread, Ignatz...
    12-24-09 07:18 PM
    As m_craig suggested, VZW finally had to disable my VVM, then had me call *228 to reprogram the phone. The symbol was then gone. After using BBSAK to reinstall VVM everything was back to normal.

Thanks to those that tried to help. To the rest of you a ssholes (Neosurfer, Tifoso)... c'mon, why are you even hanging out here? Why don't you just go off somewhere alone and build a nice fire with the switches and coal you'll get for Christmas...
    The people that responded to you are not the problem. You are. You didn't want to believe any body at first, and this is something really basic that EVERYBODY knows what that symbol is, therefore you got flamed. open your mind!

12-25-09 08:34 AM
    The people that responded to you are not the problem. You are. You didn't want to believe any body at first, and this is something really basic that EVERYBODY knows what that symbol is, therefore you got flamed. open your mind!

And that was barely flaming at that! Lighten up, Nashcat.
    12-25-09 08:49 AM
    Glad you got it fixed. Good luck!

12-25-09 02:13 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD